part three

trigger warning for this part: emotional abuse, mentions of death, homophobia, mentions of eating disorders (there will be warnings in chapters for this stuff) - please don't read if you think this will affect you negatively and if you need support please reach out to someone you trust or support services, don't suffer in silence.

being in a relationship was something that rain had never been good at because she'd never truly experienced love. and keeping it a secret could take a toll on both parties. with her going back to afc richmond for another year, how was she meant to maintain the same honeymoon phase they'd been experiencing in their short time off?  especially when the things she ran from two years before were back and ready to haunt her.

playlist

matilda | harry styles
"y
ou can throw a party full of everyone you know and not invite your family, 'cause they never showed you love, you don't have to be sorry for leaving and growing up."

messy | renee rapp
"a
nd right now you got nothing against me but i know how to make myself crazy. loving me gets messy, messy, it gets messy."

not strong enough | boygenius
"al
ways an angel, never a god. i don't know why i am the way i am."

my mother and i | lucy dacus
"t
hey called me an old soul when i was too young to know the difference between a soul and a ghost. i feared what was inside, trapped in my body kept from the other side, a spirit searching for her second life."

you're on your own kid | taylor swift
"i gave my blood, sweat, and tears for this. i hosted parties and starved my body like i'd be saved by a perfect kiss."

alexa demie as rain perez

"every time i go to say it something stupid comes out, like how rutabaga is my favourite root vegetable

"every time i go to say it something stupid comes out, like how rutabaga is my favourite root vegetable."

phil dunster as jamie tartt