Chapter 12: Ghost City🏮

"Ghost City 🏮"

Xie Lian tries to get off the bed. He covers himself totally in Hua Cheng's robe. The maid helps him to walk to the bath.

"I am fine. Leave.." Xie Lian commanded and the maid left.

Xie Lian sighed. He entered the bathroom. He looked at himself in the water. He found a bowl that had lotus petals. He picked up the bowl in his hand.

It seemed fresh. He took a smell of it and it was strong. He let the petals fall into the tub. He started mixing them in the tub with his hand. The water was quite cold. He looked at the oil bottle kept on the mini stool.

"..." the scenes from last night lingered in his mind. His face heats up slightly. Xie Lian shook his head and started applying the oil. He realizes he isn't clean yet. Especially there. He gets embarrassed.

"How can I..." He is totally red out of the embarrassment. Suddenly there was a knock from outside.

*Knock* *knock*

"Who can it be?" Xie Lian thought maybe it is the same maid that appeared earlier.

Xie Lian yells from inside "Who is it?! I am currently inside. leave. I don't need help."

"Master!! It's Chengzu's request that you need to go greet his parents with him."

"Fine. I will get ready soon. Tell him to wait." Xie Lian was exhausted already from last night. Though he didn't expect Hua Cheng to be this good. Especially in the bed.

'if San Lang really loved me, he would have waited for me to wake up together. He didn't even care to check on me in the morning.' he gave out another deep sigh. He is just a new wife to him. He already has many concubines and consorts. Xie Lian is probably nothing from Hua Cheng's viewpoint. But little did he know that Hua Cheng's only consort is him others are just concubines which he merely visits the harem. He never liked any of his Concubines because all they wanted was his wealth. He never made love to any of his Concubines.

Xie Lian lets the cold water dissolve his thoughts. He focuses his mind and closes his eyes.

🌸🌸🌸

Hua Cheng's Office.

Hua Cheng is properly dressed in his red robes with silver pattern. Hua Cheng has been very fond of red and silver coloured attires. One attire matched with his current outfit which was sent to Xie Lian this morning. Hua Cheng couldn't wait to see Xie Lian again. He had been really busy with the state affairs. He felt regretful when he couldn't stay longer with Xie Lian in the morning. Before going out
He carressed Xie Lian's forehead and layed a soft kiss on his head afraid he will wake up from his deep slumber. He was really rough with Xie Lian last night he needed to apologise for that as well.

"Chengzu, His Highness, is waiting for you." A servant said while he stood at the door.

"Tell him to sit inside the carriage. I'll be joining him." Hua Cheng responds.

The servant left and told Xie Lian to get inside the carriage. He got inside and looked through the window. He saw Hua Cheng approaching the carriage. After Hua Cheng settled down Xie Lian stared at him for a moment and then faced aside, looking embarrassed. Hua cheng looked at Xie Lian he was happy to see Xie Lian in the dress he sent him in the morning.
He grinned and spoke sweetly

"This dress looks beautiful on gege. More beautiful than I imagined gege would look."

Xie Lian doesn't respond.