Chapter 6: First impressions

"First Impressions"

Xie Lian lifted his eyes more. The more he did the more his heart raced. Was it because of discomfort or was it because he was finally getting to see the person who chose him. Maybe it was both.

Fair jade face. Gentle faint smile. Eyes delicate. A handsome symmetrical face. So handsome even the moon would be shy. How can Xie Lian not blush? He started getting red. Hua Cheng noticed it and gave a light gentle smile. Xie Lian's heart beats faster. He didn't know what was going on inside him. The lips made him feel as if he wanted to touch it feel it. He was growing desparate.

"Your highness, the crown prince shall we enter the Palace?" Hua Cheng offered a hand.

Xie Lian lightly nods. He was hesitant to give him his hand. He trembled a bit before giving the ghost king his hand. The young maidens laughed lightly seeing their master acting so shy.

Finally he offered Hua cheng his hand and Hua Cheng clenched it slowly and softly not harshly. Xie Lian skipped a beat maybe. He felt the coldness in the later's hand. Slowly Xie Lian's hot hand transferred the heat to hua Cheng and making both of them in equal temperature. Hua Cheng smiled.

Xie Lian stared down and lifted his hanfu. He got beside hua Cheng. The maidens followed them in both sides to accompany Xie Lian.

Hua Cheng started walking in pace and Xie Lian followed each step with him. Slowly they entered the Palace frontiers. The noble ladies followed the to be couples from behind.

🌸🌸🌸

Inside the Palace
3:00 pm

"His Highness the crown prince I hope the journey was not tiring."

Xie Lian nods simply. Hua Cheng understands.

Both of them sat by the small table facing eachother.

*Knock* *knock*

"Come in." Said Hua Cheng allowing the former to open the door from outside.

"Lord asked for the snacks and tea."

"Keep it here."

The servant kept the tray of sweets and the tea cups with a teapot there and left the room. Hua Cheng closed the door.

Xie Lian looked at those sweets in amazement. He was delighted by it.

Hua Cheng observed xie Lian from the back. He saw how delicate his hair was tied. He looked very beautiful from behind as well. His heart fluttered in love. Hua Cheng sat down again with Facing Xie Lian. He watched how cute Xie Lian looked when Xie Lian was looking at those sweets in cravings. He was happy to see Xie Lian smile after their first meeting.

Xie Lian noticed that Hua Cheng was staring at him. He lifted his eyes. Their eyes were locked in a contact.

"Ah..! Xie Lian pays respect to The lord for his kindness." Saying this he broke the contact and bowed.

"No need for you to bow.. it's fine. You can have as many as you want."

"My lord is being too kind." Said Xie Lian bowing more.

"It's nothing. Really. Nothing. Don't be so formal."

"Xie Lian understands." Saying this Xie Lian looked down and fixed his posture. Hua Cheng on the other hand enjoyed this sight of Xie Lian.

Xie Lian picked up one of the sweet he liked the most. He started eating it gently. The moment he bit on it Hua Cheng felt relieved. 'He accepted it.' He felt happy about it.