Chapter 27: Hua Lian is the new second Chengzu🏮

"Hua Lian is the new second Chengzu."

Hua Cheng's Chambers
10:30 a.m

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng slept quite late today. They had attended the banquet last night. Xie Lian's head was buried in Hua Cheng's chest. Hua Cheng held Xie tightly by his waist.

Both slept together under eachother's embrace. Just like cats. Xie Lian was the white cat, Hua Cheng was the black. They embraced eachother as if there was no tomorrow for them.

The residence was not in a bustle anymore. The things that were used as the decors were being taken out. Shuang woke up early even if she slept late at night. After two days she has to go back to cultivate. Maybe that's the reason she wants to roam around the imperial palace every here and there. She came hurriedly running around like a 5 year old.

"Older brother cheng~! Shaozii~!" She called out with her right hand on the mouth. Maid Xiao Bai, came rushing around from the back with a worried face.

"Mhn.." Hua Cheng's sleep was broken. His eye flickered in the dim light. He saw Xie Lian cuddling him so tightly. He smiled and kissed on Xie Lian's forehead.

"Princess Shuang'er!! It's time for your breakfast!! Come lets go!" Xiao Bai held her wrist and tried dragging her out the hallway.

"No-!! I want to have breakfast with my older brother Cheng and my shaozi!" Shuang gritted her teeths when her strength came to fail.

Some other maid passing by was carrying a tray of tea set, the teapot was wet, maybe it contained the tea for the couple.

*Thunk*

The tray fell when Shuang was tryna step back from Xiao Bai, and bumped on the second maid.
Shuang was stunned she immediately apologized both of them and they all stopped and stood there.

Xie Lian woke up this time. "Hn?" A small noise could be heard from him. He opened his one eye and started rubbing the other. He noticed Hua Cheng's head facing the door.

"What was that noise?" Xie Lian asked. Hua Cheng looked back at him and smiled.

"You are awake?"

"Yes I am... But what is all the commotion about outside?"

Hua Cheng got up and started dressing up. Xie Lian was still on the bed lying. He looked at Hua Cheng's back. Hua Cheng's hair was covering his whole back. Then Hua Cheng caught his hair and brought it to front. He grinned.

"I know what you are looking at."

Xie Lian blushed and got up. He kept sitting on the bed with his white see through robe. He tried to cover his bottom with the blanket and folded his arms. To reach his clothes he needs to get up cause he left it on the desk beside Hua Cheng's side.

"Wait here.. I'll bring you the clothes."

Xie Lian was relieved when Hua Cheng said he will bring the clothes for him. He understands his expressions and body language very well. Hua Cheng handed over the clothes and went to open the door.

"What's all this?"

Xie Lian came from behind and tucked his hair behind his ear. The maid looked at them in shock and fear and kowtowed immediately. Shuang hmphed and crossed her arms. Xiao Bai lowered her head.