Chapter 54: Gege, won't you show me around?🌸

"Gege, won't you show me around?"

The Xianle Palace,
Main hall.

Now all four of them were inside the main hall of Xianle Palace.

The room was grand and spacious, with golden decorations and furnishings. The hall was well lit and had ample room for all four of them to walk through.

All four of them walked slowly towards the center of the room, with Xie Lian and Hua Cheng walking closest to each other and Mu Qing and Feng Xin walking in a little distance behind them.

Xie Lian grabs Hua Cheng's arm by his side and leans on it, walking towards the center table together.

Feng Xin and Mu Qing both saw this intimate gesture of affection and care between the two lovers, and they were clearly not pleased with it.

Xie Lian's subtle and slightly clingy gesture was a clear indication of his love and affection for Hua Cheng, and it triggered negative feelings in the two generals.

"Your highness, can't you just walk normally..." Mu Qing shoots up his voice, no longer unable to take the sight of the two lovebirds together.

Mu Qing's irritation is evident,as the sight of Xie Lian leaning on Hua Cheng's arm and the two of them walking together slowly like a couple triggered him.

The intimate gesture and the two men's close proximity made him extremely uncomfortable and irritated.

"Qing'er," Xie Lian looks back and replies with a smile, "What's wrong with it? We are married..."

This seems to annoy Mu Qing even more, as it was something he had been trying to ignore and forget, but Xie Lian's casual and carefree attitude made it all the more real.

"Married... Yes... Married..." Mu Qing's voice sounds strained and frustrated, as he seemed unable to accept this reality.

So the four of them settled down in the hall and had a very light conversation.

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng sat down side-by-side, while Mu Qing and Feng Xin sat beside each other. The four of them engaged in a light and easy conversation that was casual and informal.

They kept it simple and not too personal, and tried to keep the atmosphere light and relaxed.

Though, Hua Cheng was not speaking much, he simply nodded whenever Xie Lian looked at him with a smile.

Xie Lian was the one who was leading the conversation, as he spoke in a gentle and affectionate tone, and occasionally looked at Hua Cheng who simply nodded to his words.

Hua Cheng seemed to be listening closely, and his facial expression kept a calm and reserved expression throughout the whole conversation.

The two generals finally took their leave, and Xie Lian told them to visit them later.

The moment the two generals left, the atmosphere immediately softened and relaxed, and Xie Lian turned his gaze towards Hua Cheng with a light and gentle smile.

"..." Hua Cheng smirked, his face expressing light laughter and humor.

Hua Cheng's smirk was somewhat playful and teasing, as he seems to be enjoying the intimate moment between himself and his beloved.

Xie Lian looks at Hua Cheng with a gentle and affectionate glance, and his face was filled with a genuine and pure love and affection towards his Hua Cheng.

"Oh San Lang," Xie Lian said his words in a soft and gentle tone, as he held his beloved's hand, "You don't know how much I have been wanting to be alone with you for a while..."