Chapter 29: Xie Lian in Paradise Manor🏮

"Xie Lian in the City of Ghosts."

Xie Lian's dressing scene.
12:00 p.m

"San Lang... You draw exceptionally good."

"Well gege, you see just my Calligraphy is bad... I draw really well!"

"I hope you fix your Calligraphy soon as well. I want a multi talented husband."

"Multi talented you say? Hahaha." Hua Cheng smirked lightly and chuckled at the last. Xie Lian smiled foolishly and his eyes narrowed at his face. Hua Cheng noticed Xie Lian siding his face towards him. He reached Xie Lian's forehead and gave him a small peck with his lip while cupping Xie Lian's face totally in his both palms. Xie Lian closed his eyes.

Hua Cheng was done and then his lips reached Xie Lian's nose. He kissed him there too. They enjoyed the moment while there was no one in the room besides them.

"Ah.. San Lang weren't you saying we will go somewhere?"

"Hmmmm I don't remember. Let's continue.."

Xie Lian pushed him aside successfully with a tired face.
"San Lang I know you are pretending that you forgot."

"Haha..! Gege... Fine! You caught me!" Hua Cheng laughed along with Xie Lian at last.

"Fine.. yes.. we will visit the Ghost City today."

Thus Xie Lian and Hua Cheng both got up and started walking outside the room. Hua Cheng held Xie Lian's hand while walking out. The maids giggled while covering their faces with their hands.

"Lian'er, Good morning." Hua Cheng's mother greeted Xie Lian. She came all the way here because she didn't see Xie Lian since the morning. She was worried for him.

Xie Lian noticed and bowed in respect to his mother in law.

"Goodmorning Yuemu" he greeted.
(Yuemu: Mother in law)
"Ahh rise rise... I heard you and Hong'er is going to visit the Ghost City today? Will you two leave this place at once and go directly to the imperial capital?"

"A-Niang... Yes.. that's true.. I have received letters that there are many problems there that I have to give permission to be resolved. We will leave this place at once."
Hua Cheng said with sadness in his voice. He and Xie Lian will have to leave his parent's residence today.

Xie Lian just lowered his head. Suddenly something struck his mind.

"Yuemu, where is princess Shuang?"
Xie Lian asked with concern. Other days Shuang would be the one to wake him up today, he heard nothing about Shuang. Shuang would roam around the halls and play with him. Now that he couldn't see her since morning his heart was uneasy.

"Princess Shuang just left this morning... Now you two.." his mother broke down in small tears. One of the maids handed her a handkerchief. His mother used it to wipe the tears that were yet to fall down her soft cheeks.

Xie Lian's face was darkened. Now they both will leave their parent's residence. Xie Lian will be lonely again in the Palace. Even if Shuang wasn't there, His Yuemu would keep him company. In the palace he stays alone with the maids. Hua Cheng comes late from work.

"A-Niang... We will visit you soon. Don't worry." Hua Cheng said while hugging his mother from the back. Trying to calm her down.

Xie Lian wanted to stay here. Life here is much easier than the life in the palace. Even though Hua Cheng's most of the harem women were removed, not all women were removed just those who Hua Cheng felt the need to remove, others were respectful to Hua Cheng's wishes. They didn't need any love or satisfaction from Hua cheng also they respect Xie Lian as their Head. Xie Lian thought how boring it will be to live a palace life again which doesn't feel like a family.