Chapter 16: The Coral Pearl🏮

"The Coral Pearl"

The Dine,
8:30 a.m

Hua Cheng woke up quite early today. When he saw Xie Lian still sleeping inside the blanket he found it better to not wake him up. He left the room silently and ordered the imperial cooks to make the food items to his royal highness's liking. Xie Lian loved mantou a lot he especially ordered the cooks to make it more than other dishes. He smiled and stood there in the kitchen to observe the amount of ingredients they were putting in.

When the dishes got ready the table was organised nicely. The maids placed one dish by one on the table slowly and carefully. Hua Cheng observed at a distance quietly. Suddenly he remembered something. He went to the garden and came back with handful of flowers. He placed it inside the vase and kept it on the centre of the table. He was mad in love indeed.

🌸🌸🌸

Meanwhile in Hua Cheng's Chamber

Xie Lian was still sleeping. He felt really exhausted. It was his maid who knocked the door so loud as if it were to get broken by her any moment. When Xie Lian heard a loud bang he woke up with a jolt.

"Ah!!! Goodmorning Mrs. Hua, your highness!!! I knocked the door too loud. This maid apologizes." Zeng Xiu, his personal maid kowtows.

"Rise, Rise. It's not a big deal.. just.." xie Lian presses his finger against his forehead. "I have a morning headache... Ugh..." Xie Lian starts rubbing it. "You are forgiven. Just don't bang unnecessarily... I will hear the first one and wake up shortly." Spoken like a wiseman.

"Yes.. your highness!! Should I call for the doctors?" After getting up she dusted off the dust from her skirt and lowered her head.

"No need. Leave." Xie Lian wasn't in the mood to converse right now.

"Yes" Zeng Xiu started leaving the room head still lowered.

"Call for Ah-Xiang." Xie Lian demanded.

"Eh?... Ah!! Yes your highness I am sending her here right away." Her voice was filled with rage. She gritted her teeth trying to control her anger.

"Faster." Xie Lian shut his eyes tight and groaned.

Zeng Xiu ran as fast as she could to reach for someone named "Ah-Xiang" she doesn't even know who that person is and when did she come here in the palace.

🌸🌸🌸

Dai Yun's Room.

Zeng Xiu was actually under control of Dai Yun. She was like a spy for Xie Lian. Zeng Xiu reported Dai Yun that Xie Lian is having a massive headache that can delay his breakfast time with Hua Cheng. Dai Yun laughed and smirked.

"Ha. How unfortunate indeed. Well... Well..well what if I was to ruin his perfectly arranged date with The chengzu? Come to think of it will ya?" Dai Yun is very vicious from the beginning. The other concubines just watch her laugh while holding back their disgusted faces.

"Yun mei mei, it's time you should go and catch the prey." (Prey refers to Hua Cheng) remarked Lu Mei.

"How sweet of you to remind me. You are right I should get ready." She walked like some bitch to the dressing table.

"Even the mirror is clean today, my future will be cleaner." She narrowed her eyes and looked at herself admiring her unsatisfactory face.