Chapter 14: Birthday Banquet🎀(Happy Birthday Xie Lian <3)

"Birthday Banquet"

Paradise Manor
7:30 am

The Sun had risen. Xie Lian was holding tightly on Hua Cheng. He was sleeping like a cat. The birds chirped outside and the sun rays were reflected on Xie Lian's body and face through the window. Xie Lian opened his eyes and started squinting because he found it difficult to see. He started rubbing his eyes and looked outside the window. It was already past 7:30. He looked at Hua Cheng who was still holding him by the waist. He too, was sleeping peacefully. Xie Lian blushed.

"San Lang... Wake up... It's morning." Xie Lian was trying to wake him but he spoke in a very low tone that Hua Cheng couldn't even respond to it. Xie Lian tugged on Hua Cheng's sleeves and pulled it two times.

"Your sleep is really deep." Xie Lian mumbled to himself. Xie Lian went closer to check on Hua Cheng. Hua Cheng was sleeping and his movement could be seen while inhaling and exhaling only.

Xie Lian found it difficult to get off the bed because Hua Cheng held on him very close. If he gets off he would wake Hua Cheng too. He tried to be quiet with his movements. Then he realised that he cannot get off the bed if Hua Cheng doesn't get up as Hua Cheng was sleeping on the edge of the bed and he was sleeping on the wall side. Xie Lian faced palmed him.

Hua Cheng heard the rustling of the robes he woke up as he sensed Xie Lian get up and sit. He held Xie Lian's hand quickly. Xie Lian looked at him with his eyes still gloomy. "San Lang...?"

"Gege where are you going?" Hua Cheng asked and smirked.

"San Lang... It's morning already we should get ready for the day. What will happen if people think we sl-" xie Lian was cut off in the middle because Hua Cheng pulled Xie Lian towards him. Xie Lian was dumb founded and looked at Hua Cheng as he was now on the top.

"Ah... San Lang... Please let me go.."
Xie Lian's voice hitched as Hua Cheng started parting his sleep robes aside.
The touch of his finger made him shiver.

"Gege.. stay a little longer. What's there to hurry today hm?" Hua Cheng gave a playful smile before kissing Xie Lian.

They kissed for a moment and then Hua Cheng stopped the motion and spoke gently "ah... My .....gege. I love when you obey me."

Xie Lian panted and held on Hua Cheng's collar of the robe. Hua Cheng kissed him again deeply. He was very affectionate towards Xie Lian.

Someone knocked from outside which interrupted their kiss.

*Knock* *knock*

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian both looked at the door that was knocked. Xie Lian quickly fixed his composure and sat beside Hua Cheng.

"Masters! Will you like to eat your breakfast outside? Or should we place it inside the room?" Xie Lian's personal maid Zeng Xiu spoke as no response was from inside.

Hua Cheng's voice was hoarse and deep but he replied "place it inside."

🌸🌸🌸

After the breakfast
9:30 am

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian returned back to Hua Cheng's residence within the imperial city. Xie Lian was happy with their small trip to Ghost City. He wanted to visit it again.

After Xie Lian changed Hua Cheng invited him to the garden where Xie Lian had been strolling before their marriage. Xie Lian was familiar with it and Hua Cheng had no idea how he knew the way.