Chapter 8: Marriage Approval

"Marriage Approval"

Hua Cheng's court of councils
5:00 pm

Xie Lian got out of the carriage along with Hua Cheng. Hua Cheng started walking and Xie Lian followed Hua Cheng. The Guards at the gates bowed down to their lord and his fiancee our Royal Highness, Xie Lian. Xie Lian felt very nervous. With each step they went closer and closer to the court. One of the maid followed him.

Xie Lian looked at the eyes that were staring at him as if they were judging him intently.

Xie Lian felt like sweating at that moment but still he had that sweet smile on his face.

Hua Cheng stopped and looked behind. Only then he realised that Xie Lian is feeling uncomfortable walking around with the eyes watching his every step. Afterall when he was in Heavenly realm he was familiar with everyone.

Here it's his first time so people will be judging him intently. Though not many people have seen his face because his face is most of the time covered with a veil while going outside.

"Your highness, do you feel uncomfortable?"

This question changed Xie Lian's sweet smile to a shocked one. How could hua cheng know what's going inside him. Xie Lian doesn't answer at all.

"Master, Here is your veil. You said to bring it along." Saying this the maid hands the veil over to Xie Lian.

Xie Lian quickly puts on his veil. Now no one is looking at him, judging him intently. He feels relief down his spine.

Hua Cheng reaches out to Xie Lian and cupped his hands in his own.

"Let's walk together."

Xie Lian was shocked he looked at how his hand was tightly cupped inside hua Cheng's. His hand was much smaller as compared to Hua Cheng.

One could notice the pink blush that arose in his jade white face. Though Hua Cheng noticed it through the veil and gave a cute smile. Xie Lian's heart melts.

"Shall we?" Asked Hua Cheng again.

Xie Lian nods lightly.

The started walking together until they reached the door to the council court.

🌸🌸🌸

Inside the court

5:15 pm

Xie Lian sat beside Hua Cheng. Xie Lian looked down his neck was bent slightly. Hua Cheng on the other hand sat confidently with his never fading smile.

Some scholars and matchmakers also sat there. The matchmakers were reading out some scrolls to fix the date of their marriage. Hua Cheng looked calm and composed.

"Unbelievable. The word uttered from one matchmaker's mouth.

Hua Cheng looked at that matchmaker intently. Xie Lian flinched a bit because of the sudden noise that arose in the silent atmosphere.

"Our Chengzu and his bride to be are matchmade from heaven" Hearing this many Scholars and Matchmakers were surprised.

Xie Lian blushed so red that he bent down his neck more in order to not get noticed by Hua Cheng. Hua Cheng's eyes were wide open upon hearing this sentiment. He looked at Xie Lian who was sitting right beside him.