Check-up

"How's Luffy?" Shanks checked up on the doctor.

"He won't be waking up for 2 days. I'm afraid that both his body and mind received heavy amounts of trauma."

"I see. Thank you for the heads up." He went to Zoro who was just outside the clinic. "Zoro, your captain isn't waking up in a few days. Do you know where you're supposed to go?"

"Yeah, we're supposed to meet in Sabaody. Are you going there, too?"

"No, we're supposed to bury both Ace and Whitebeard in his hometown. We can make a quick detour though. After that, you're on your own."

"Don't worry, I can manage by myself." 

"Is that so? Then how about we give you a boat once we arrive near Sabaody?"

"That would be good. Thank you." Shanks ordered one of his men to prepare a spare boat.

"We're about to reach Sabaody. Before you go, how is Luffy these days?" Zoro was taken aback. The first thing that popped in his mind was the violent war that had taken all their lives. He knew that Luffy was distraught, and it was mostly his fault for not being strong enough. "Are you okay? Is there something wrong?"

"No, no. It's just that we need to get even more stronger. Even after everything that we've been through, things would only get even rougher from here. I don't think Luffy's alright, but I'm sure that he's strong enough to get through this." 

"Hmmm, is that so? I don't think I can help you on this one, but tell him that I checked up on him. I hope that he feels a bit more at ease. On my account, please take care of him."

"I will." Zoro stood up from his chair. "We better go now. Thank you for taking care of us." He entered the room and carried Luffy onto his shoulder, his arms draped over Zoro's shoulders and his head resting against his neck.

"Take care now." He jumped to the boat, slowly laying Luffy down before rowing away. After a while, the ship is completely out of his sight while Sabaody was near. It took him 5 hours to finally land, carrying Luffy before walking away.