65, 𝙣𝙤 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

ೄྀ࿐ 𓆉 ˊˎ-no destination real life, imessage

ೄྀ࿐ 𓆉 ˊˎ-
no destination
real life, imessage

violet blended the concealer under her eyes trying to cover up the redness. she decided that was all the makeup she was going to wear, she'd end up crying it all off anyways.

she got up and stood in-front of the mirror. staring at herself dressed in a slightly tight slightly lose black dress that ended in the middle of her thighs. she looked down at her shoes, black heels that laced up around her ankles into a bow in the back. covering her colorful shell ankle bracelets.

susannah had bought her this dress her freshman year when violet decided she was in a darker color phase.

she had on silver hoops and a silver chained necklace with her name engraved in cursive on the front. her hair was flowing over her shoulders. she wasn't as tan as she normally was, the colors were drained from her.

the colors were drained from everything, her, her family, the world. life.

she walked out of her bedroom door, miles was waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs. their mother was already in the car. jamie had been distant, they comforted her the best they could while still giving her space.

"you look beautiful" miles said in a shaky voice as violet slowly walked down the steps.

"thank you mi" she said as she had finally stepped off the last step.

he pulled her into a tight hug "i'm here for you no matter what if today goes bad."

she nodded her head at him and then they walked out of the door.

miles grabbed onto violets shaky hands as they walked into the church containing susannah's funeral.

they sat behind the fisher boys. jeremiah and conrad's quiet crying filled her ears mixed with the soft music the boys had chosen.

violet was silent the entire time, even when miles would ask her if she was okay she had no answer. no words were forming again.

conrad got up to sing a song she remembered him always singing for susannah when they were younger.

"connie please sing it" susannah said from behind the kitchen counter.

violet watched from the dining table as susannah mixed all of the ingredients into a big bowl. susannah was making pancakes since violet had mentioned they sounded good. even after violet told her multiple times that she didn't have to.

"fine mom" conrad said from the chair beside violet, his guitar held firmly in his hands.

a mixture of conrad's singing, susannah's laughter and the smell of vanilla extract made violet feel at home. a type of comfort she wouldn't be able to find anywhere besides cousins beach.

the words coming out of conrad's mouth brought her back to that same day. except this time susannah's laughter wasn't filling the air and it didn't smell like vanilla pancakes. it smelt like sadness. if that was even a smell, violet felt like she was choking on the overflowing smell of sadness.

violet leaned forward rubbing jeremiah's shoulders. another sign to try and tell him she was still there for him.

the funeral had ended and they were now at the fisher house. violet was currently talking to jeremiah's uncle as she tried to hold back her tears as they told story's about susannah.

she excused herself and went to go make a plate of food for jeremiah, she knew if she didn't bring him anything then he'd refuse to come down and get it himself.

violet placed a few pieces of fruit onto the small plate along with some crackers and cheese. miles came up beside her. "for jere?" he asked.

she nodded at him, "have you seen him?"

"yeah i think he's in his room" miles said.

she nodded and excused herself to go up the stairs.

slowly making her way up, taking it all in. the last time she walked up these stairs she was going to see someone else.

before violet could open the door to his room she heard voices. she knew she shouldn't listen but when a female voice was heard she couldn't stop herself.

"i'm so sorry j, your mom was an amazing person"

knowing exactly who it was violets eyes filled with tears. as if she wasn't crying enough before this.

she was about to turn around but she tripped over her heels slightly and the door opened. jeremiah looking over quickly.

they were stood close to eachother. as if they were just hugging. her arms were still out as if he had pushed her away quickly when he heard the door open.

"oh thank you violet" gigi said as she walked closer to grab the plate from her.

"um yeah" violet said as she turned quickly on her feet and walked away.

"v wait a second" jere said following after her.

before she could run down the stairs he grabbed her hand forcing her to stop and to look up at him.

"jere just stop" she said yanking her hand away from him.

"v it's not what it looks like, we were just talking" he said.

"i'm glad you can find time in your schedule to talk to her but not to me" violet said trying not to look at him.

"v really? my mom just died" he said.

his words stung coming off of his tongue. he wasn't trying to hurt her but he knew he wasn't in a good place to be a boyfriend to her.

"i hate to be the barrier of bad news but your not the only one grieving jeremiah" violet said, now looking at him.

"whatever violet" he said. her nickname replaced with her name had caused a new feeling of sadness inside of her. she knew he was grieving but she didn't know he'd act like this.

she shoved past him running down the stairs. belly was at the bottom of the stairs, her eyes were puffy and it looked like she had just fought with conrad since he was standing behind her with a sad look on his face.

violet grabbed belly's hand and opened the front door.

the both of them quickly getting into violets car, she drove herself after the funeral. she needed a moment alone and she was now extremely glad she did.

the two girls didn't talk for a while. they just drove in silence. and drove and drove and drove.

no destination just driving. the comfort of eachothers presence.

when they finally made it to a small town right outside of boston they finally spoke.

they told eachother what happened and then they comforted eachother on it.

jere 💌

can we talk?
violet?
v please
i'm sorry
you know i'm just going
through a lot rn and i didn't mean that
violet please

💌

a little different than belly and conrad's funeral fight. there was no super harsh things said for a reason so keep that in mind

- lia <3