69, 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚

ೄྀ࿐ 𓆉 ˊˎ-fine line real life, imessage, social media

ೄྀ࿐ 𓆉 ˊˎ-
fine line
real life, imessage, social media

her hands were shaky as she pulled the soft white crewneck over her head. it fell right over her blue denim shorts.

she slipped her white vans on and threw her bag over her shoulder. she was quiet her whole way through the house and then out the front door.

she walked down the small path infront of her house as she looked down at her phone making sure she had enough money on her card for a bus ticket. she looked up to start her walking journey to the bus station when his red jeep caught her attention.

she told him she was taking the bus, he thumbed up the chat. they weren't exactly in the stage to sit in the car together for hours. but she quickly made her way towards the passenger side and climbed in.

"hey"

"hey"

and that was it, the rest of the ride was silent only small comments from the both of them about the directions, the view, if they were hungry and if she needed to take a turn driving. to which he kept saying no.

it wasn't exactly awkward but it wasn't comfortable either. it was just in between, if they'd just talk it would fix everything. but neither of them knew what to say, neither of them daring to break the silence.

they were both stubborn. they'd rather torture themselves in the situation they were in then sit and talk about their feelings. they both knew it was a problem. and still, neither of them did anything to fix it.

"so um are you picking up belly?" violet asked.

"no she said she'd meet us there" he said.

"oh okay," she said as she tried to piece it all together in her head, "so then why'd you pick me up? i would have met you there to save you time."

"like i was gonna let you take the bus" he said, not daring to look at her.

the slightest shade of pink tinted her cheeks as she stared out the window.

"i'm kinda hungry" she said breaking the silence.

"whatcha thinkin?" he asked her.

"you know exactly what i'm thinking" she said as he smiled at her.

a couple minutes later they pulled into a mcdonald's. violet sat up in her seat, her stomach rumbling as jeremiah ordered their food.

she didn't even have to speak, he knew her order by heart. large fry, large sprite, and a mcdouble ketchup and pickles only.

a small gesture that made her feel important, like he actually listened and payed attention to her.

they waited in the line for a few minutes. violet played harry styles over the radio.

jeremiah knew not to interrupt her when she was playing harry styles or taylor swift. it was her number one rule.

fine line played loudly over the car speakers. a song that was very important to violet. jeremiah listened closely to the lyrics.

he knew violet was petty, he knew their was probably a message behind her song choices.

"you've got my devotion, but man i can hate you sometimes"

understandable he was an asshole especially lately. he regretted what he said at his moms funeral he just didn't know how to tell violet he regretted it.

"we'll get the drinks in, so i'll get to thinking of her"

the drunk phone call from the night before. violet was so petty.

violet was staring out the window, jeremiah was watching her. she had no idea he was looking at her or even paying attention to the song or more importantly it's lyrics. she assumed he was on his phone or staring at the cars ahead of them.

"we'll be a fine line, we'll be alright"

jeremiah sat silently in his seat, letting the rest of the song play out. thinking to himself. and finally it was their turn to get their food.

he handed violet her drink and the bags. and then he pulled into a parking spot, he didn't feel like driving and eating.

she handed him the bag, letting him shuffle through everything as she sipped on her drink, because she swore "mcdonald's sprite tasted like battery acid and was the best thing to exist."

"here's your fries, your burger ketchup and pickles only even though you eat the pickles before you eat the burger" he said handing her the food.

not exactly sure why he said that as he realized and looked up at her to be met with her eyes slightly widened. also confused as to why he said that but not for the embarrassment reasoning he was feeling but for the realization that he really did know her better than she knew herself.

"thank you" she said breaking the stare and looking away from him.

"yeah" he said grabbing his food from the bag and starting to unwrap his cheeseburger.

"more harry or some frank ocean?" she asked clicking buttons on her phone.

"um frank" he said.

ivy started to play over the speakers. another song that probably had a meaning that jeremiah was gonna have to sit and dissect.

miles 💙

where u at?

taylor's, her and milo broke up
probably gonna be here for a few days
it's pretty bad :(

oh okay
tell her i hope she's okay

will do!

v's super close bffs only!
ꗃ 3m ago by violet 🧸

v's super close bffs only! ꗃ 3m ago by violet 🧸

💌

hi babies

the snapchat thing was random but do u guys like it? i felt like it would be weird for her to post on insta atm so she posted on snap and no miles and steven are not on that priv story atm

- lia <3