13| Piss off (Pt.1)

"A pop quiz is coming up because I don't see why you guys are mocking me with these little assignments" Mr. Sanders said.

A unison groan echoed in the classroom.

"Yeah, that's right. When we're discussing these topics in class, you guys have all the correct answers to give but, when it's time to write it down, your brains collectively decide to share the same silly thoughts" he continued, pointing between River, some guy named Drew and Payton. "What do you guys mean, forensic science is the scientific study of a crime? The scientific study of a crime?!"

"I meant that all types of crime have a science behind them and forensic science exists to prove how a crime has been committed" Drew explained, proudly.

The lecturer just looked at him with a solemn and shocked expression on his face. He then sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Okay, you know what? I'm handing out a pop quiz every week until I see progress when we're back from the winter break

"Okay, you know what? I'm handing out a pop quiz every week until I see progress when we're back from the winter break. It's almost March, guys, catch up!"

A louder groan left the students mouths as they complained about the necessity of such scholar activities.

"Mr. Sanders, come on..." one of the students sighed.

"I hear any more chatter and it will be a pop quiz per lecture" Mr. Sanders added. Other than the lecturer's, no other voice was heard in that classroom until its dismissal.

It was now lunch time and everybody's mood was down because of their last period, as well as the low temperatures of the winter. The group silently walked out of the lecture hall and over to the next building where the restaurant was.

As they walked past the double doors, an annoyingly high-pitched voice made them whip their heads back.

"Eli! Hey, I've been meaning to talk to you" Hannah said, approaching and standing way too close to him. He didn't say anything, he just rolled his eyes and looked past her auburn head towards her friends. "Erm... so, I've been thinking and we should go on a date... you know, to get to know each other better. You don't have to hang out with these people" she said, making an ushering motion with her hands and scrunching her face up at Eli's friends but, mostly, David.

"No, thanks, Amanda, I'm alright with my people. And I don't want to go on a date. I have a love interest and, thankfully, she ain't you" he simply said without batting an eye.

"It's Hannah, ahahah, you're so funny! Come on, handsome, she can't be prettier or sexier than me" she said, linking her arm with Eli's and winking at him.

"Let's go, Eli" David said. Eli glanced at him sideways but still nodded. He then sighed, irritated, and shrugged off Hannah's grasp.

"To be honest, Andrea, even green mophead over there wouldn't get a pass if I was piss drunk. No other girl could ever amount to the gorgeous woman my crush is."