57| Fuck that shit

An hour or so later, around 2 am, the dancefloor slowly emptied out. Eli had gone to the bathroom, Nadia and Payton were dancing and jumping around, Jessica was giggling and dancing with the girls, River was apparently chatting up some girl in the corner (Ken, come get your mans cause he wildin') and Ken and Jason were both watching River and laughing at him. Aaliyah and Drew were nowhere to be seen.

A slight vibration against Jessica's hip let her know she might have received a message, so she checked it.

Papi 🩶 | 01:54

She giggled.

Suddenly, the feeling of a full bladder clouded her mind. She stumbled against some people and went to look for a bathroom on the main floor but all of those were crowded. She decided to go upstairs and, as she walked by some people, she caught a glimpse of Aaliyah talking to someone in a bedroom but was too preoccupied in making sure her bladder emptied in the right place, so she kept walking.

Luckily, there were only two girls in front of her and it wasn't long until she relieved herself. After that, she washed her hands and took a second to fix herself in the mirror. She swatted a couple of stray hairs away, reapplied some glossy lip balm and made her way back downstairs.

Because she was tipsy, or on the verge of drunk now, she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her.

She swerved around the people in the hallway, quickly looking to her left, and saw an opened bedroom door, probably to the same room she had seen Aaliyah in a few minutes ago. There were two people evidently arguing in there.

When Jessica did a double take and focused her gaze, she frowned.

There, in the middle of the bedroom, was Aaliyah.

Hey, it's frostie flakes, Jessica smiled at the sight of her boyfriend.

Even up there, the music was so loud that Jessica couldn't make out what they were saying to each other but one thing was clear: Eli was definitely not into the conversation. His furrowed brows, slight blush (which could have been from the liquor or being upset), crossing and uncrossing arms, as well as the distance he tried to keep from Aaliyah were all evidence of this.

Then, Aaliyah took two steps forward, stopping a very few inches from Eli. They stood there like that for 5 seconds, maybe even 10, just staring at each other with deep frowns.

Eli then opened his mouth to say something as he uncrossed his arms and Aaliyah took this opportunity to wrap her own arms around Eli's waist. She pulled him against her body, stood on the tip of her toes and slammed her lips onto his.

Jessica felt her mind sobering up instantly, or at least enough to grasp the scene in front of her.

What the fuck is happening?