19| I'm sorry

Later that day.....

"Yes, we did" Jessica squeezed her eyes shut and pinched the bridge of her nose as she spoke to David on the phone.

She was sitting on the island of Eli's kitchen while he made dinner, a light chicken Alfredo but with broccoli instead of pasta.

She woke up around 4 pm and Eli had told her he got up about 2 hours prior

She woke up around 4 pm and Eli had told her he got up about 2 hours prior. They both felt tired, sick, hungry, thirsty and guilty. Not to mention the headache they were dealing with. After gathering enough courage to feed themselves, they met up in the kitchen.

"Mhm... nothing... yeah, nothing... hmm. What? Oh, come on..." she sighed. Eli peeked at her, quirked a brow up and put his hands in the air as if asking 'what's wrong' but Jessica waved him off and sighed again. "I'll make sure... yes, fine... okay... bye."

She put her phone down and rubbed her face.

Fuck, Jessica... you were not that drunk to-

"What did he say?" she heard Eli ask her, momentarily pausing her despairing thoughts.

"He obviously asked if we got in safe... then, he started interrogating me and asking if something happened because I 'don't sound too happy this afternoon'" she mimicked David, kissed her teeth and shook her head.

Jessica hated when people asked her a bunch of questions about something she didn't want to talk about. And she definitely didn't want to tell anybody about the shit that had happened earlier that day.

Quick recap:

When she woke up, Eli was no longer in bed but she could hear noises coming from the kitchen, so she knew he was around.

Obviously... it's his house, after all...

She sat up and looked around. Flashbacks of the early hours of that day started playing in her mind. What frustrated her the most was the fact that she couldn't remember everything. Like, she didn't know how or why the sex happened but she remembered how good it felt at the time, how she wished she never acted dumb so they could have done it again, but on his bed, face to face, breathing each other's air and kissing-

No! Shut the fuck up! Nothing like that was ever supposed to happen... and it's your own fault, Jessica, are you fucking dumb?!

Suddenly, a tear rolled down her cheek. After that, the tears just kept falling, one right after the other. She had covered her mouth to block any sounds but couldn't keep her sobs in once she reached the bathroom in Eli's room.

What have I done?! He probably thinks I do this on a regular... and people... what would people say if they found out about this?? Fuck!

She cried because she was hungover and her period was most definitely less than 7 days away, those were the number 1 reasons. But also because, in her mind, she fucked up big time. She fucked up a friendship, probably the group's dynamic as well as any chances at a relationship with Eli.