48| Spoiler alert (Pt. 1)

May 5th, 1997. Jessica's birthday was two weeks away. But wait, did I not tell y'all their birthdays were exactly two days apart? Lmao, my bad!

Ha.

Ha...

Yeah, Eli's birthday was May 7th, 1997

Yeah, Eli's birthday was May 7th, 1997. Jessica's mother's birthday was also on the 7th. Around this time of the year, her general mood would be a little off since she no longer had 'anybody' to celebrate her own birthday with. For as long as she could remember, it was always a big event for her and her mother after her father passed away. But Eli didn't know that until this week.

His parents had the whole thing planned out, happy to include Jessica in it. Eli was looking at something on his phone when his dad came sauntering into the living room, definitely on his way to annoy him.

"So..." Mitchell started as he sat down next to his son. Eli rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Yes, dad?" he asked.

"It's nothing... just asking if there's any special arrangements you want us to make... like... cleaning your room, making it look romantically decent and maybe getting a couple boxes of con-" his dad was cut off.

"Please, don't" Eli rushed out. "Don't even think about saying it."

His dad laughed and swatted the back of his head.

"Stop being so dense! It's about time you lay some pipe on your chick... if you haven't already..."

Eli looked at his dad with wide eyes and saw a smirk planted on his face

Eli looked at his dad with wide eyes and saw a smirk planted on his face. He slowly got up from the couch, still gazing at Mitchell.

"Mom!" he shouted. When he stepped into the kitchen, he saw nobody. He went to the backyard and spotted his mother, who was getting the place ready for the party. "Ma! There's something wrong with dad!"

Layla looked back at him with a blank expression and then sighed.

"Just let him get the condoms... if you don't want them just leave them here" she said, smirking.

What the fuck?

"Wow... what did I even think was going to happen?" he muttered to himself, rubbing his face.