49| Spoiler alert (Pt. 2)

Eli checked the time, 7:45 am.

He had arranged for River, Payton, Ken, Jason and Nadia to meet the two of them at his parents' other house for her birthday party. In fact, it was their party. Eli's birthday was two days later, so they decided to merge the two celebrations into a bigger one. They'd set the start time for 3 pm, so Eli had some time to spare.

Jessica's phone was charging on his side of the bed. It started pinging and it didn't stop for a hot minute, and the sounds made her shuffle a little. She didn't wake up then, she just rubbed her eyes, so Eli gave into the urge to check it.

Instantly, he wanted to delete the messages and block the number but it wasn't his choice to make. And it wasn't his phone either.

This fucker...

David | 07:52
happy birthday, Jess
i know you don't wanna talk to me
but i never once forgot to text you
on this date
i fucking hate that
i can't be with you today 😞

David | 08:00
and i also just wanna say that i'm sorry
i'm really, really sorry
i miss you
i love you 💕
and i wish i could turn back time
please let me see you
and talk to you
just once
please

You love her? How dare you?!, Eli was now mad.

He didn't let it get to him today, so he swiftly turned on his back, cuddled Jessica and went to sleep.

He woke up again when he felt her move next to him. As soon as he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was her scowling, sleepy and pouty face.

Immediately, he started laughing

Immediately, he started laughing. He had swung his arms around her and tightened his hands together so she wouldn't get away. She was fuming, to say the least.

"I'm giving you 3 seconds before I chop your arms off and feed them to a drunk River" she groggily warned him. His laughter intensified at her moody complaint and he brought her face closer to his lips to peck her forehead.

"Good morning and happy birthday!" he groggily said between giggles. He hugged her and nuzzled her hair.

"Thank you... but get off me, now please" she muffled. He released her, not wanting to upset her on the special day.

He yawned, stretched and sighed, rubbing his eyes to get rid of sleep and watching her do the same. If they were to ever have a baby girl, Eli imagined she'd be exactly like Jessica when she woke up: messy hair, puffy eyes and cheeks, moody as fuck and laziness written all over her cute little face.

He blushed just thinking about it. And he said it too.

"Our daughter will for sure look just like you" he mumbled. Jessica opened one eye and furrowed her brows.