34| Jealousy jealousy

A few weeks later...

Eli had woken up around 9am, which was unusual for him given that it was the weekend. But he didn't just wake up. A ball of hair tickled his neck and chin and, for a second, he thought that a cat or even a rat had made its way inside his home and onto his bed.

His eyes shot open and he jumped a little at the thought of possibly being assaulted by an uninvited type of specimen in his sleep (dramatic much?) but, as soon as his eyes fell on the supposed culprit, a wide sleepy smile almost split his face in half.

He realised he was in her house, in her bed, with her.

"I can't get enough of this" he whispered in Jessica's wild curls and kissed her head tenderly.

She crept closer to Eli, if that was even possible, and he let himself be engulfed in the cosy heat radiating from her body under the covers.

After a solid 20 minutes of just watching her sleep, he kind of felt like a creep so he slowly and soundlessly got out of bed, put on some shorts and went into the bathroom. A couple of minutes later he peeked out and found her still asleep. He made his way to the kitchen and begun preparing breakfast.

Coming back into Jessica's bedroom, he set down a tray on her desk that had juice, mixed fruit yogurt pots, waffles and croissants on it

Coming back into Jessica's bedroom, he set down a tray on her desk that had juice, mixed fruit yogurt pots, waffles and croissants on it. When he was just about to sit down on the bed next to her, he saw a frown on her face. She looked upset.

He then saw her hand come out from under the covers to feel the mattress, as if she was looking for something. Eli was confused, maybe she wanted her phone? Maybe she was looking for...

Without thinking, he slid his hand towards hers and she immediately grabbed it, smiling comfortably in her sleep.

The warmest feeling lit up his thumping heart as what she was after clicked in his mind. She was most probably wondering where Eli had gone, her cute frowny-turned-satisfied expression showing that much even if she didn't mean to.

He laid down next to her. As his mouth opened to say something, Jessica's groggy and slightly deeper voice quietly sounded in the room.

"Where did you go?" she mumbled.

"To make breakfast, you must be hungry too" he answered, tracing his fingers along her jaw and looking at her face, which was pressed up against her pillow.

So beautiful...

"Not really..." she said. Not even a millisecond later, her stomach made the loudest noise and she groaned. Eli erupted in a fit of giggles when she frowned. "Traitor" she muttered to her stomach, hiding her face with the covers.

"Get up, babe. Let's eat" and then let me eat yo-

Woah... okay Eli, get it together!

He pushed his promiscuous thoughts away. Jessica didn't move, which made Eli tug at the sheets she had covered herself with.