62| The tables

I hope today goes better than the last few...

Jessica walked into her class and sat down next to Payton, who side hugged her and pecked her cheek. The teacher was looking in her direction with a concerned expression but Jessica smiled and lightly shook her head, making the lady also smile, nod and start her lesson.

"What's up, Ms. Floyd-Mayweather-Logan-Paul-John-Cena?" Payton snickered, referring to the tussle with Aaliyah, and making Nadia and River chuckle along.

When Jessica looked their way, she also saw the hard glare Eli sent her.

Her smile instantly faltered and she looked away to take her notebooks out of her bag

Eli was still mad.

He was pissed.

He's going to kill me, Jessica thought.

It seemed like an impending earache would soon find its way to her since Eli always told her off whenever she did something bad. He would never ever let something like that fight slide and Jessica was less than ready to face him again. After all, she had cussed him out when he really just tried to help. And, even when he went to her house to have a chat, she still wouldn't listen. It came as no surprise when guilt started creeping up her insides the more she thought about it.

But all Eli did was glare at her from time to time. He didn't talk to or even walk near her after she'd taken it upon herself to bicker with him at every opportunity. She knew he hated that but she still did it.

Idiot.

It was a Thursday and the group only had one more lecture for the day, which meant that, after 1 pm, they had absolutely nothing to do.

"Let's go to the waterfall cave today" Eli suddenly spoke up in a deep voice as they walked out of the campus building, making a chill run down Jessica's spine.

"The what?" Nadia asked. Payton and River were confused as well but Jessica knew exactly where the place was.

"Meet me at the Silver Rocks in half an hour? Put on some swimsuits" Eli told the group.

They all agreed and went home to change. Eli got in his car and drove off as River took the 3 girls home.

When Jessica walked into her apartment, she didn't expect to see Eli walking around in nothing but some blue swim shorts. At that moment, something came over her and she found herself walking up to him and grabbing his arm.

"Eli..." she mumbled.

He stopped for a moment, quietly standing in his spot to listen. All she had to do was say 'sorry' but no words came out of her mouth other than a senseless stutter.

"Look, I... the other day... I mean..." she struggled.

Fuck, Jessica, say something!

When she sighed and looked down, she could see him tightly clenching his fist. He didn't look at or talk to her and, when she didn't say anything else, he just gathered his stuff and rushed past her out the door.