33| Wait, what?! Oh... okay

Jessica and Eli had been making out for the longest time after he made her cum 3 times that night, or early morning, and then went into the bathroom to freshen up and put on some clothes. She watched as Eli grabbed some of her boxer briefs she liked to lounge in and changed into them.

Okay... weird.

But she never saw him rinse his mouth, he just kept humming to himself as he swallowed, licked and bit his lips. She wasn't sure if she found that hot or straight up horrifying but hey...

To each their own, am I right?

She also didn't know whether that night had meant as much to him as it did to her either. Unlike anybody else, though, he clarified that he wanted to make her happy but she couldn't believe Eli felt this way about her, regardless of what he had been saying since New fucking Year's.

"Are you... staying with me tonight?" she asked Eli as she went back to bed and he walked towards the bedroom door.

He grabbed the doorknob so he could leave but his body froze when he heard Jessica's question. Please stay?, she wished she could have asked him that out loud as he turned around to look at her with a stoic expression.

By now, he had taken his vest off and never bothered to put it back on. And he looked fucking sexy... just standing there, like...

 just standing there, like

Wow...

Anyway, she was so scared he'd tell her their little steaming session was just for fun that she didn't trust herself to say anything else at all, she just sat on the edge of the bed fiddling with the hem of her pajama top. At times, Jessica's mind could really make her ponder on the weirdest and most dumbest shit.

Uneasiness crept up her spine as she watched him just look at her, his body casting a shadow on the door from the light of her bedside lamp. After what seemed like forever, she'd had enough of this awkward situation.

"I mean, it's okay... if-" Eli cut her off by strutting over to her with a little smile on his face.

"Get in bed, gorgeous, I ain't going nowhere. I just need to get my charger from my bag" he simply said as he leaned down and kissed her lips.

Her heart would always start flipping like a gymnast at the Olympics whenever he'd call her gorgeous and she wondered if someday, paired with the way he kissed her, that would become the reason for her sudden hospital admission. Was she really that pretty?

He walked out of the bedroom and soon enough, he was back, plugging the charger and his phone to the wall behind her bed. They got under the covers and Eli immediately glued his chest to Jessica's back, possessively draping an arm over her waist and hooking the other under and around her neck, as in a back hug but in bed. He sighed comfortably into the crook of her neck.

"Hmmm..." he hummed as he scooted even closer.

Jessica wished he wouldn't notice how his grip and warm breaths made her shiver as goosebumps covered her skin, or how her heart was beating extremely fast. But now that he was tracing his lips and the tip of his nose up and down her neck, she was sure he could feel the trembling mess his touches were creating. She heard him chuckle, silently, and blushed when he pecked her jaw.

"You seem to like it when I touch you" he whispered in her ear.

He then caressed her earlobe with his nose, which pushed Jessica to blurt out something she would never have the courage to say unless she was drunk or high out of her mind.

"I really like you" she whispered back.

Shit! I can't believe I just said that... this is so embarrassing... Grim Reaper, take me now, I'm ready!

She internally scolded herself, hoping he'd ignore her confession. But not only for that, there was also a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. It was as if she was now regretting saying 'yes' to him earlier. It goes without saying that she was also 110% surprised and concerned at the fact that he never asked for anything in return, he just... 'did the do and moved on'.

Was he expecting something, though? Was she supposed to make that move herself?

Fuck, fuck, fuck! Jessica, what the fuck were you thinking? You know this shouldn't happen!

Eli abruptly ceased his caressing movements and turned her body halfway until she was laying on her back. He must have realised she felt embarrassed because their eyes struggled to meet, so he lightly grabbed her chin to get her attention.

"Jess" he said softly. Still, no eye contact. His grip tightened around her jaw and he tugged at it a little more harshly, which she definitely liked. "Hey!" this seemed to work as her eyes finally met his.

She'd think that he'd seem indifferent, maybe even disgusted despite the fact that he had just munched on her pussy not long ago. Instead, she saw so much affection mixed with even more love, care, longing and relief. And still, she felt like she had to say something to make the situation less awkward, but he beat her to it.

"Hearing you say that just gave me butterflies" he quietly said, smiling.

The room was lit up enough for Jessica to realise that he was actually blushing, proper red face and neck.

"Eli, I-" a sudden kiss cut her off.

Eli had quickly stuck his lips to hers, swallowing her negative words-to-be and replacing them with his own silent confession. She loved his tongue, both in her mouth and everywhere else on her body but that didn't distract her wandering mind.

Eli pulled away, slightly panting, and frowned since Jessica was looking at him with doubtful eyes.

"Listen... I don't need you to like me" he started.

Nigga, what?!

She felt herself internally panic and her mind race to understand what she'd just heard. Nonetheless, in her heart, she hoped he didn't mean what she thought he meant. She kept quiet, urging him to continue and she wished he wouldn't have... she guessed.

"And I don't want to be your friend anymore" his eyes were smiling, matching the slight tug on the corner of his lips.

But Jessica was shook, even though she had heard him say that before.

Bitch, how can you be smiling... oh hell naw! Grim Reaper, where the fuck you at?!

Eli gave her lips a long peck but she didn't kiss him back this time. She didn't even close her eyes. If 'the woman was too stunned to speak' was a person, it would be Jessica right now.

"Stop pushing me away and just... just love me and let me be there for you" he whispered, his lips brushing against her lips and his nose stroking hers. "Do you want to give us a try? Because I know I do..."

Jessica's shock only intensified.

And it wasn't because of what Eli was saying. It was because she genuinely thought that, if she rejected him enough and explained why every time, he'd understand her. But, evidently, she never got through to him.