20| Difficulty level: ♾

Throwback to the Christmas holidays....

One of those days, Eli and Jessica were watching a movie in the living room after Layla and Mitchell had gone to bed. It was around 11 pm and they were snacking on popcorn and sipping on hot chocolate while sharing a blanket, but let's not forget about the countless shots the 4 of them had had earlier that evening, or the 3 edibles Jessica and Eli had secretly eaten in his room.

These 2 fuckers were beyond gone.

As the movie credits rolled around, they started tidying and cleaning up after themselves, stumbling and quietly giggling, before going into the bathroom to brush their teeth. Then, they grabbed a couple of water bottles from the kitchen and, instead of going to bed, they went back to the living room, selecting yet another movie to watch.

The time was now around 2 am when Eli looked to his side and saw Jessica asleep. He, too, was tired so he switched the TV off and tapped Jessica's shoulder, only to receive a mumble of protest. He tried again but she just didn't want to move.

He looked around, why he didn't know, and thought of carrying her upstairs. But he was high, probably drunk and sleepy.

Fuck it, he thought.

He sat on the edge of the couch and gently pushed Jessica down so she could lie sideways. She did just that, without complaining, and got comfortable under the blanket Eli spread over her. Then, he walked to the light switch to cut it off, put their phones charging and laid next to her, pushing one of his arms under her head to pull her into his chest and to make sure he didn't fall off the couch. To his ultimate surprise, Jessica swung an arm and a leg over his body, so now it looked like they were hugging.

"I like this" he heard her mumble after she released a content sigh. "You like this?"

Needless to say, Eli's mind sobered up enough to understand what was happening as his heart almost exploded in his chest. He wasn't sure if this was one of her sleep-talking episodes or if she actually meant to ask if he liked cuddling with her, but he was under the influences, so he answered back after a couple of seconds.

"I love this" he quietly said.

"Hmm... me too" she hummed and ran her hand up and down his back a couple of times before stopping.

Whatever it was that came over him, had his mouth blurt out 'anything' it deemed fit at that moment.

"I'm glad you're here... I... erm... yeah, I'm really happy you're here with me..." he whispered.

Jessica said nothing else.

However, due to the way they were practically hugging on that couch, Eli could feel the faint but quick beat of her heart. Or was it his own heart that was still pumping uncontrollably? He didn't know, he just looked down at Jessica with fond eyes.

He leaned in and left a peck on her cheek and another on the corner of her lips. A minute or so later, he was still looking at her. In the dark. Like a creep.

"I... like you" he whispered again.

He then pecked her lips and went to sleep.