15| On the verge

Remember the argument about Christmas? Yeah.

Jessica did end up spending the holidays with Eli and his parents, who were more than delighted to find 'the kids' asleep on the couch sharing a blanket every other morning, TV on and snacks everywhere.

And, every time, the couple would take endless pictures of the 2 students and go about their day, giggling between themselves.

The only reason why Jessica went with Eli was because he'd ask her every single day at college. He'd even message her countless reasons why she should go with him. Eli relentlessly tried to get her to give in and, at some point, she couldn't take his annoying questions anymore, so she said yes. And also because he literally packed her a bag, shoved it in his car and drove around with it for 2 weeks, before the holidays even started. His parents seemed to be happy to have Jessica there but she still felt like she was an outsider.

Never had she ever spent the festive holidays by herself before her mother passed away. Her family was out of the picture, and Jessica would make up excuses whenever Payton, Nadia, David or River invited her over because she'd gotten used to being alone.

But with Eli... it was different.

Despite not knowing him for as long as she knew the rest of the group, she felt oddly safe around him. She felt like she had nothing to worry about, like her feelings and thoughts were valid. Eli could turn into River annoying ass real quick too, so she knew that saying 'no' to him would only keep him going.

Lately, though, she'd also started feeling tingly and anxious around him, especially whenever he came too close to her. What was it? Interest? Desire? Lust? She didn't know, but it seemed like Eli was more than happy to help her figure it out.

"Hmm... ugh..." Jessica squirmed on the couch.

She had just woken up. When she opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was a Christmas tree. Then, her blurry eyes lingered a little and that's when she saw him. Or, his chin.

How did we get here? When did we...

Eli was comfortably asleep on his side next to her. One of his arms was under her neck and the other was holding her waist, as if he was scared he might roll and fall back if he didn't hold onto her tightly enough. Then, Jessica noticed their position. She was on her side, facing Eli, one of his legs was tucked between her thighs and she had an arm around his waist too.

She also noticed Eli's eyelashes were long and curvy, his cheeks had a rosy tint to them, from where she was laying, she could see the inside of his nostrils as well as his nose piercing, and his pink lips were somewhat agape.

I wonder if they feel as soft as they look...

Without realising it, one of her hands reached up and she started tracing Eli's features with her finger. She was doing it as careful as she could so as to not wake him up but, after a minute or so, Eli mumbled something, took a deep breath in and exhaled, the strong gust of air fanning Jessica's face with a force that resembled the 'normal' British weather. His face seemed to be getting redder by the second. Was he hot?