21| For fuck's sake

It was now the middle of March.

Jessica had been avoiding hanging out with the group since New Year's but River, Nadia, David and Payton had had enough of it. She knew they wanted to know what, if anything, happened with Eli during the holidays but she wasn't going to tell them that.

What if they think I'm a hoe? It wouldn't sound good at all, can y'all imagine? 'Oh, it was nothing... I just got too drunk and ended up fucking him after he said no a thousand times...'. Hell nah!

She was worried Eli would be the one to tell them what went on behind closed doors but, so far, it seemed like he hadn't shared the tea. And, child, was she glad!

But knowing the group like Jessica knew them, she was sure they wouldn't let it slide. They did, however, keep telling her to talk to Eli and make it up to him, if she was the one who fucked up, that is.

"Babe, whatever it is, just talk to him" Payton sighed and looked at her friend with a sad, pouty expression.

They were currently at Nadia's parents' house, doing absolutely nothing, sitting on the floor by the study room window that overlooked the backyard with Bella, the family's cat. Eli had gone to see his parents' so the group took this opportunity to dig further in.

"There is nothing to talk about, though..." Jessica rolled her eyes, getting tired of hearing about the same topic for the 6th week in a row.

"Actually, there seems to be a lot to talk about, Kat" River scooted closer to Jessica and laid his head on her lap.

Jessica wasn't looking down at him so, in that position, her nostrils were right at the centre of his field of view. He chuckled a little, reached up to grab and play with one of her falling curls and continued talking.

"Especially with him. You don't think we all noticed the way he keeps getting lost in the sight of you? I mean, I get that he's mesmerised... that's exactly how I looked at you in high school..." he mumbled, going off track.

"River, okay, I hear you" Jessica released a long sigh and shoved his head away, making him sit up and scowl at her.

"Jessica, first of all... you know I don't fucking appreciate when you push me away like that" he said, flicking her forehead. "The only reason we are asking you to try and put actual words to your thoughts is because me, Payton, Nadia and David know how to read you. But Eli doesn't. He doesn't know that your 'I'm fine' really just means 'let's get high, buy some ice cream and watch comedy shows wrapped up in blankets all afternoon', or that your 'leave me alone' actually means 'I wanna cry but I want you hug me while I do it'. He doesn't know that, most of the times, you do want to be left alone but you don't want to be on your own. You need to find a way to explain that to him... you can't expect him to understand you if you don't say anything."

"Exactly" Nadia mumbled.

"Talk your shit, twin" Payton said at the same time Nadia snapped her fingers.