38| Distracted

"What's up, bitches!" River noisy ass boomed in the student hub that Nadia, Jessica, Payton, David, Eli and some other students they had classes with were chilling in. "I heard there's going to be a get-together at Jordyn's place tomorrow night to celebrate her brother's engagement. And we're all going" he announced, excitement radiating from every single cell of his tall, hunky body.

"Yeah!" shouts of agreement and cheers sounded in unison at River's proposal.

"Hell yeah! River, you're going to be our DD so stay away from the liquor" Payton teased him, fully knowing her friend would never agree to this.

He would always be the first one to get drunk whenever they went pretty much anywhere.

"DD?" River questioned, sounding a bit offended.

"You must have been snorting some kind of brain-fucking substance, thanks for sharing by the way, because you know damn well I won't be driving nobody home

"You must have been snorting some kind of brain-fucking substance, thanks for sharing by the way, because you know damn well I won't be driving nobody home. Shit, I might not even make it back to mine with the way Jordyn's place is always stocked up!" he finished.

Laughs erupted within the student hall. Nadia stood up while grabbing her stuff and scurried out of the room.

"Last one to get to class drives everybody home!"

A giggly crowd suddenly ushered out of the hall towards their lecture, leaving River to catch up with his own laugh and register what his friend had just said

A giggly crowd suddenly ushered out of the hall towards their lecture, leaving River to catch up with his own laugh and register what his friend had just said. As if something clicked in his mind, he grabbed his bag and ran towards his next lesson, only seeing everybody else's back in front of him.

"Hey, not fair!" he sulked breathlessly when he reached the classroom where his friends had already taken their seats, being the last one to make it there.

"Carrying you around drunk isn't fair either but we do it purely out of love" Eli said between giggles. David patted the seat next to him, signalling River to take it.

"Don't be such a cry baby" he said to his friend, who plopped down on the chair next to him. "So... who's car do you prefer?"

River side eyed David, and so did Eli.