Exhibit I - The note

Week 5 of the summer holidays.

The group was still at the farmhouse, having decided to start making their way over to Jason's parent's beach cabin the following week.

Currently, they were outside on the patio after stopping by the local market to get barbecue meat for their lunch. Against everyone's wishes, River and Ken were handling the food, seemingly struggling to get the fire started too.

"Why is there so much smoke?" Ken coughed a little as he swatted the smoke away.

"Blow on it, Ken" River said, shaking his head.

"You do it since you seem to be an expert!" Ken stepped back and side eyed River, who just scoffed.

Before River could do anything, Jason walked over to him and subtly caressed his back, making him shudder and blush a little.

"I'll blow on it" Jason chuckled, referring to the fire (y'all need a brain detox if something else popped in your mind). He winked at River and started blowing on the burnt wood to get the fire started.

All this was happening while Nadia, Payton, Eli and Jessica watched the trio in silence and Eli could see the negative emotions Ken felt towards Jason's little stunt. It was entertaining, really, but the tension was so thick that even Kylo couldn't stand it, so he started barking.

"Shh, Kylo, we're watching a k-drama here" Payton cooed at him and chuckled.

Jessica, Nadia and Eli quietly snickered and went back to setting the table and getting the drinks.

Callum was nowhere to be found that day. River had been looking for him, going as far as asking his grandparents if they'd seen the man, but no one knew where he was. Iris said he must have gone to see his grandparents' at the cemetery since it was around this time of the year that they tragically lost their lives. For the next couple of days, nobody saw him.

On a Thursday afternoon, after making sure all the animals had been fed and the area was clean, the group scattered around the main house doing any and everything they deemed fun. Eli and Jessica were in their room, lounging on the bed and watching TV, when Nadia knocked on their door.

"Yeah?" Eli called from inside the room.

Nadia opened the door and peeked inside.

"Y'all got clothes on?"

"Shut up and come in!" Jessica kissed her teeth and rolled her eyes and Eli just chuckled and shook his head.

"Okay" Nadia said, stepping into the room. "What y'all want for dinner? I suggested seafood pasta bake and Payton said she wants friend chicken and steak."

"I don't mind either" Eli answered, glancing at his girlfriend.

"Me too" Jessica agreed. Nadia quirked her brows up and just stood there quietly, rocking on her heels, as if urging the couple to say something else, which Jessica immediately picked up on. "What?"

Nadia shrugged, looking around the room.

"Nothing..."

Jessica narrowed her eyes at her.

"What is it?"

"They probably want you to cook it..." Eli muttered.

Immediately, Nadia put her hands up and her eyes widened a little.

"Payton told me to come ask you if you could help us in the kitchen and I said 'yeah' because you don't ever mind helping us out, right? So I was thinking that maybe you could instruct us on how to-" Nadia's rant was cut short.