46| Bonding

Somehow forgetting about the spring rolls from the new restaurant, Jessica asked Eli if they could go get some groceries. It was unusual for her to not be stocked up since she often cooked for herself. To be honest, it was a little concerning.

Walking into her place and going straight to the kitchen, Eli was shocked.

The same beige plates, silver cutlery and glasses they had used the last time he was there were still in the exact same spot on the dish drainer they had left them to dry. There were no pots out, a dish cloth was still neatly folded atop her rice cooker, the sink was empty and, nearly so, were the pantry and the fridge.

He looked around one more time, seeing a couple of dusty spots, and then turned back, seeing her walk in behind him. He just then noticed that she looked unusually tired.

"When was the last time you used this kitchen?" he asked her. He was concerned at the nonchalant expression her face morphed into.

"I don't know..." she answered with a sigh. He walked over to her to give her a hug and a kiss but stopped when she looked at him.

He wanted to look at her but he also didn't want to see the 'mess' she had become. It struck him that she wasn't even wearing the thin eyeliner coat that made her eyes pop out. It meant that she either hadn't been taking proper care of herself or she just couldn't be bothered, which was basically the same thing to Eli.

He forced himself to smile through his pain, took the groceries bag from her and pointed towards the kitchen door.

"Out" he commanded. She chuckled and raised her hands in a defensive way.

"Yes, sir" she muttered and walked out.

As he put the shopping away, he suddenly heard the shower running. He folded into himself and sighed heavily, feeling stressed out and somewhat guilty for allowing Jessica to get to this point.

He left what he needed to cook with on the counter and mindlessly walked into her room. It was a habit, he really meant to go into the guest room. He stripped out of his jeans, t-shirt and socks and dragged his body to the bathroom, ready to get in her shower, only to be nipped back to reality by the sight of Jessica's wet, naked body.

He stopped in his tracks and admired the beauty he had fallen in love with for what felt like hours.

I want.

The water was hitting the top of her head as she rinsed the bubbles off her smooth dark skin. She was standing there, one foot firmly planted on the floor and the other crossed over. The foggy glass shower door only added to the sexiness of that woman's entire being.

I fucking want!

She started rinsing her curly hair and, next thing Eli knew, she was staring back at him embarrassed and confused, her hands trying to cover her nakedness as she gasped and he panicked