54| Expelled {M}

Since Eli's birthday fell on a Monday, he decided to just throw a separate party on the coming weekend and asked his parents if he could use their second house again. Jessica, Nadia, Payton, River, Ken and Jason agreed to it and made the necessary preparations throughout the week leading up to the day.

So, on Friday, all there was left to do was get the alcohol. Leaving this small detail to River was probably not the best idea but he ended up buying the correct stuff.

It was just the amount of it that was worrying everyone. But River was feeling himself.

"So, care to tell me what kind of party your minion brain thinks we're throwing? Who's all of this for?" Eli asked River, eyes bulging out at the sight of a car trunk sized crate full of liquor

"For us... and the rest of the attendees" River grinned as he stood proud, resting both hands on his hips and shifting his body weight mostly to one foot.

"River, there's only gonna be a bunch of us. It won't be a full blown frat party-" Nadia started but River spoke over her.

"I invited the whole college" he revealed.

"- like most col... what?!" Nadia squealed.

"What?!" Jessica was also shook but Payton just scoffed.

"See, when I tell y'all River can't be trusted even with the simplest tasks, y'all just ignore me" Payton mumbled and sighed.

"I think it will be alright" Jason chimed in. He walked over to River and stroked his head. "You did good!"

"No, he did not. Why would you invite so many people, Riv?" Eli glared at River and Jason, who were now sporting matching scowls.

River swiftly snaked a hand around Jason's waist and sent a shy smile his way, completely ignoring Eli's tantrum.

"Thanks Jay, it feels good to know that some people have an idea of what a party is supposed to look like" he smiled.

The two walked towards the alcohol crate, still smiling at each other, and started carrying the bottles inside the house. The rest of the group just sighed and did the same. It was late afternoon, around 5 pm. The group had gone out to eat and socialise and, soon enough, everyone went home. Stepping into Jessica's apartment, Eli suddenly remembered he had bought Kylo a couple of toys and some food, so he decided to just go get it from his place.

After Jessica's birthday party, the couple felt like everything was finally back to normal. That weekend, Jessica had told Eli about some of her past because he kept asking about it. To say that the little bit he heard shocked him would be a cute way to put it. There was nothing worse than feeling alone in this world and he promised her he would never leave.

His feelings for her were strong. It wasn't pity or kindness that made him want to stick with her, it was pure love and affection. He was thankful he met her when he did but he also thought she wouldn't be so messed up if they had met any sooner. Nevertheless, he was happy that she was happy and made sure that, going forward, he would do whatever to keep it that way.