28| Glasses

They decided to go to Jessica's apartment on Raven Lane. For some reason, Eli felt much more comfortable in her house, where it smelled like her and every corner he turned reminded him of little moments of their friendship.

They both took a shower, in separate bathrooms, and met back up in the kitchen where he came face to face with this goddess of a woman wearing nothing but a black tank top and one of his basketball shorts he had left at her house, as well as some baby blue house slippers. The cornrows she had on earlier were now undone and she sported a ponytail of tight, messy curls.

Stop being so gorgeous all the fucking time, he thought.

He found himself wondering if she was wearing any underwear because even though the basketball shorts were baggy on him, they snugly hugged her waist and ass; from his point of view he couldn't see any dents the underwear would leave on the black satin shorts. Why he pondered over this tiny fact was beyond him. He shook his head to get his thoughts in order and entered the kitchen.

Jessica turned around when she sensed his presence and smiled at him, making Eli's breath hitch in his throat. Definitely because she looked stunning but also since he'd never seen her wearing glasses, at least not some sexy looking, gold thin-framed ones.

His fixated stare caught her attention and she raised a brow

"What?" she asked, skeptically.

"I didn't know you wear glasses, Jess..." he said, sounding surprised. "They suit your pretty face, though."

Her eyes slightly widened and the corners of her lips quirked up in a little smile. If Eli didn't know any better, and if Jessica's brown skin was two shades lighter, he'd swear she had just blushed at his compliment.

She turned back around to tend to some vegetables and mumbled a 'thanks' as she continued to work on their meal. He walked up and stood next to her, waving a container of homemade edibles he had found in her house in the air. She smirked and nodded her head, making Eli open the container and take a few bites of the treat and then stuff her mouth with some.

He then grabbed some vegetables and chopped them up to help shorten the cooking process while they sang and teased each other to a playlist blasting on Jessica's speakers.

I don't want nobody but you
Kissing on my tattoos
I don't want nobody but me talking to you
Until you fall asleep
We better stop playing before we mess around
And someone gets hurt
I don't want nobody but you
Kissing on my tattoos

I don't want nobody but you Kissing on my tattoosI don't want nobody but me talking to youUntil you fall asleepWe better stop playing before we mess around And someone gets hurtI don't want nobody but you Kissing on my tattoos