Chapter 61-Hunter

Hunters POV:

Surprisingly everyone gets ready on time and without a fuss, though it looks like Alex and Spencer stayed up way too late last night and are now moving on autopilot. Both of them are making a face whenever Sarah speaks because of how cheerful she is right now. Right as I round everyone up, shoes, backpacks and jackets on, the doorbell rings. We all look at each other, mentally pointing and counting each other because we're all here, and not expecting anyone. Liam said he'd meet us there so I open the door slowly, hoping that Nick wasn't stupid enough to invite Sophie, but am thankfully met with Bellamy. "Bell! W-we go zoo! S-see giraffes!" Noah says noticing who was at the door. "I know, I came to see them too, I loooovvvveeee giraffes." He says earning a squeal from Noah. "And hello to you little delinquents, how is everyone feeling?" He says with a grin to the boys who all mumble or scoff at what he called them. I roll my eyes at them and usher everyone outside to the cars, we already decided last night who'd be driving with who so there was no argument today.

"Th-thank you!" Noah beams at me as I help him buckle his seatbelt. Every time we get in the car, he holds onto the armrests of his car seat like he's waiting for a roller coaster to start. Heading around to the drivers seat, I get in myself, peaking at the two boys in the mirror. "Bub, I know you wanted to stay home, but I promise today won't be so bad." I say  to Reid when I see his face. He shakes his head, looking quickly at Bellamy and then back to me. "Does he really think we're delinquents?" He asks quietly and looking really upset. That's what he's upset about? This poor kid is stressing out over that? "Hey, he was just kidding about that. Plus you and I both know that you're his favorite Parker, he could never think anything bad about you." I say and watch a light blush appear on him. I send a quick text to Bellamy to talk to Reid when we get there, so he's not overthinking Bellamy's words all day, and then pull out of the driveway. It takes almost half an hour to reach the zoo, and Noah doesn't stop talking once, not even when Reid nods off beside him. Thankfully parking is easy and close to the entrance, it's first thing in the morning and the middle of the week, so today won't be too busy, which is good for Noah so he won't get overwhelmed, I did pack his headphones in my backpack for him just in case though.

Helping Noah out first, he looks around in amazement, and a hurt feeling washes over me, because this is only the parking lot. He's amazed by it because it's so big and open, but he's still subconsciously comparing every room or place he goes to, to the basement he was kept in. Noah reaches for my hand, swinging our arms together and Bellamy immediately reaches Reid's side once he steps out of the car. Once I see the familiar blush cover his face again, I know they're fine. I text Liam to ask him if he's here or if we should go in, and he tells me to go in, and I'm tempted to tell him being late isn't a good start to a date. When we get through the gates, Noah excitedly waves ahead, walking faster, when I look up, Liam is standing there, and this fucker is holding flowers. "Li-li why h-have flower?" Noah asks running a few steps ahead to get to him. "I brought one for you." Liam says kneeling down to give Noah a rainbow coloured rose, he looks at it like it's the most precious thing he's ever held. "F-for Noah?" He asks with a huge smile. Liam nods and Noah launches himself in for a hug. When he lets go, Noah makes sure to show everyone his flower, while Liam hands out a different colour flower to everyone else.

Flower colours:
Noah-rainbow
Nicholas- orange
Atlas-light blue
Sarah-Green
Alexander-navy blue
Sebastian-white
Spencer-black
Reid-blush pink
Aaron-yellow
Hunter-red
(He didn't know Bellamy was coming so he doesn't get a flower 🥲 and Nonna isn't there)

When he finally gets to me, I get the red rose. "How am I doing so far? You thought I was late didn't you?" He says with a smug grin. "Shut up." I tell him with a small grin of my own. "Thank you for the flower." I say and he nods. "See what I did there? I got one for everyone so it wasn't obvious." He says with a proud look on his face, making me laugh. "Where are we going first?" Atlas and Sarah asks, the teacher in them coming out, breaking Liam and I out of our little bubble. Thankfully Sebastian wasn't as mesmerized by his flower and instead he studied the map and already made a game plan for us. "I guess we follow Sebastian." I say as he starts walking. We all watch as Noah skips over to him, grabbing hold of his hand and talking about what animals he wants to see. Sebastian pauses when Noah touches him and I'm about to go grab him back, but Sebastian closes his hand around Noah's and keeps walking. "See? Looks like this trip is already working out well, he didn't freak out from someone touching him." Nick says, before turning to look at Alex and Spencer. I know he's hoping today works out for him as well.