6

Felix sat down at the breakfast bar and groaned. He finally finished his laundry and now he was enjoying a glass of wine.

   However, the case file near him was tempting. He didn't want to work, but he was curious.

   Groaning, he grabbed the file and opened it.

    "Who did it?" Felix whispered.

  His brows drew together and he tilted his head. Grabbing his phone he called Yuna.

  "Hey, what's up?" She asked.

   "Are you still at the office?" Felix asked.

  "Yeah, we all are, why?"

  "Good, I'll be there in fifteen,"

   Felix hung up and went to his room and changed his clothes, collecting his things he left his apartment.

  "Who was that?" Ava questioned.

   "Felix, he is on his way over,"

   Ava rolled her eyes.

  "Thought he was busy with personal stuff tonight," Beomgyu said.

   "I don't know. I guess he's done with it," Yuna said.

  "I wonder if he found something out," Jeongin said.

  "Probably doing better than us," Gaeul muttered.

  The office door opened and Felix walked in.

   "Hey, how was the lecture?" Yuna asked.

  "The lecture was good. The conversation I had with professor Hwang afterwards was interesting," Felix said.

   "He showed up to your lecture?" Jeongin questioned.

   "Yeah, he wanted to ask me something. Uhm, where are the crime scene photos?"

   "That box over there," Beomgyu said.

   Felix walked over to the box and opened it.

   "Did you find something?" Gaeul asked, getting up.

   "It may be nothing, but in the police interrogation transcript, the father says that the oldest was home sick, however, when I first saw the crime scene photos there was no actual indication that she was," Felix said.

  "When you first saw the photos? This is the first time we've had access to them," Ava stated.

   Felix pursed his lips, "I may have caught a little bit of this case from my brother, before this class,"

Ava hummed.

   "What do you mean by indication of her being home?" Yuna asked.

  "The cold medicine being out, tissues at the bedside, soup, that type of stuff, I mean you look at any of these photo you don't see that, in fact it almost looks like the opposite," Felix said, showing them a photo.

   "Again, we are not connecting the dots," Gaeul said.

    "All the shoes are neatly on the shelves besides this pair. She wasn't originally home, she came home. Then this photo, how many of us actually kept our bags in the living room at sixteen?" Felix questioned.

   "Okay, but that is all circumstantial things," Beomgyu said.

  "Also are we really about to blame a sixteen year old for the death of her mom and two sisters?" Ava questioned.

  "It does seem far-fetched, Lix," Yuna said.

  "Honestly, I am with Felix, at least a little, there is something about the daughter that does not seem right. I'm not saying that she is a killer, but she and the dad are hiding something," Gaeul said.

  "Look court resumes in two days, meaning that is how long we have to find something, because at this rate we will not win this case. Only about four jurors seem like they are on our side and they could flip at any moment," Jeongin said.

   "There is something off about both the dad and the daughter, so I say we spilt into two groups, three people looking into the daughter and three looking into the father," Beomgyu suggested.

  "I'm not looking into the daughter," Ava stated

   "No-one said you have to Ava," Yuna said.

    "I will work with Felix about the daughter," Gaeul said.

   "Me too," Jeongin said.

   "Okay, that leaves, Ava, Yuna, and I to look into the dad," Beomgyu said.

   The other five agreed and all went to do what needed to.

  "So what made you think of the daughter and not the lover?" Gaeul questioned.

  "Honestly? When I interacted with her. We all grieve in different ways, but with everything going on, with her losing her sisters and her mom, and now her dad is on trial for the murders, I figured there has to be some emotion underneath her facade, but I don't think there is any.

   I mean you look at her in the eyes and it feels like you're not staring at anything, like there isn't even a person there. What also doesn't make sense is how she is able to stay in the house. I could barely go past my cousin's room after she passed. Living where you mom and sisters were murdered, I can't imagine that," Felix said.

   "I never really thought of that," Jeongin muttered.

    "Didn't the police take a bunch of things from the house?" Gaeul asked.

   "Yeah, bins of old stuff I think," Felix said.

   "What are you thinking?" Jeongin asked.

  "What if we go in there and take a look at the stuff?" Gaeul suggested.

   "How would we do that?" Jeongin questioned.

   "I have someone who ones me a favour. He can get us in there," Felix said.

   "You have someone who can get us in there, that owes you a favour?" Gaeul questioned.

   "I have quite a few people who owe me favours. This person in particular owes me several ones," Felix looked at the clock, "in fact, I should be able to contact him now and we should be in there in an hour," he said.

   "Great," Jeongin said.

   "I'll be back, I have to call him,"

   Felix stood up and left the office.

  He really wanted to be wrong.