10

"How did it go?"

   "There is a warrent for her arrest and we are off the case,"

   "And the dad?" Shuhua questioned.

  "Pissed, he wanted to take the blame," Hyunjin said.

   "He has to know that isn't how it works,"

  "He does, but it doesn't make it easier, considering it is his daughter,"

  Shuhua hummed.

  "Did Felix talk to you?" Hyunjin questioned.

   "Yeah, how did you know?" Shuhua questioned.

  "He was curious about why she stayed I told him the best way to try and understand would be to talk to you,"

   The woman nodded, "Well we talked about a little more than just the daughter. He asked me about why he is in your class,"

   "Oh? What did you tell him?" Hyunjin asked, as he put files away.

  "I basically said that you tend to see things that no one else sees and that is why he is in your class," Shuhua told him.

   "And how did he respond?"

   "He said that he has no secret talent for this stuff, so there is nothing to see,"

    Hyunjin nodded, "What are you thinking, Shuhua?"

  "Why did you add him to the class last minute and none of the he needed a challenge bs, what is the actual reason?"

   Hyunjin sighed.

  ♠

   "Honey, I'm home," Felix called out.

    "In here, darling, I brought some of Chaewon's mom's cookies," Yunjin called out.

  "Oh, yummy,"

  "How was your weird job thing?" Yunjin asked as she entered the kitchen.

   Felix hummed, "San and technically Wooyoung asked me on a date. I stopped Yuna from killing another student.i also got a partial answer to a question I've have for ten years," he said.

   "We'll come back to the woosan thing later. The Yuna thing congrats. What question?"

   "The burning question, why stay?"

   Yunjin pursed her lips and nodded, "What was the answer?"

    "Something I don't want to think about anymore," he said.

  "Have you…?" Yunjin trailed off.

  "No, I am going to now, then I am going to take a long hot bath,"

  Yunjin nodded, "Try to get some sleep too, babe,"

  "I will, I just need to get my mind away from it first," Felix said.

      Yunjin looked at the time, "I have to get to class, but call me if you need anything and remember that Swan is just next door," she said.

   Felix nodded. Yunjin got off the bar stool and kissed Felix's cheek, "It'll be okay,"

   Felix nodded.

  It was going to be just fine, right?