🥀15🥀

TW: mentions of someone being killed(?)

-

"Ugh, this reminds me why I hate cleaning," Felix said, sitting down on the couch.

"How did the pipe even burst?" Hyunjin questioned.

"No clue, I was out pretty much all morning and my roommate left early morning as well,"

Hyunjin watched Felix stretch and sigh. He had to admit that Felix looked a little cute with his freckles and over-sized fuzzy sweater.

"Why did you come over?" Felix asked, looking over to Hyunjin who was sitting at the breakfast bar.

"Uhm, I wanted to talk to you about the case," Hyunjin said.

"Oh,"

"No need to sound so disappointed," Hyunjin chuckled.

Felix sat up and unzipped his shoes, "It's not that, trust me," he muttered.

"What is it then?"

"I just don't really like this case, it's why I haven't talked about it much,"

"Why don't you like it?" Hyunjin questioned.

Felix stood up and set his shoes on the shelf, "It doesn't matter," he said, going to the fridge.

"It does to me,"

The younger snickered, "Yeah, okay,"

"I'm serious," Hyunjin said.

The blond turned around with a raised brow, "Yeah, I totally believe that mister "whether you like it or not it's a case"," Felix said.

"Felix, I am serious. Sometimes I am a bit much, especially when it comes to cases, but I know this one is different for you," Hyunjin stated firmer.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I can see it every time you look at this case. It's like you just leave when you read it. So, what about this case is bothering you? What about it is making you feel unsafe? Because that is the look you get, you look like you are unsafe everytime we go over it,"

Felix took a deep breath, "The fourteen year old male who didn't testify due to him being in shock was me. The person who is trying to get an appeal is my uncle the girl he killed Lani, was his daughter and my cousin. I was in the room when it all happened,"

"Why didn't you tell me? Felix, if I had known that, I would have made sure not to take this case," Hyunjin stated seriously.

"No one really knows and I mean I thought I could handle reading it, but then the memories start coming into your mind and sometimes you start reliving it, then the nightmares start and it is just something you work through, you deal with because if you don't it takes over your life," Felix said.

Hyunjin pursed his lips.

"Felix, that isn't just something you just deal with," Hyunjin said.

"I was in shock for four days, I went to therapy for seven years, I'm fine now, it's just a little difficult sometimes,"

Hyunjin took a deep breath, "I'm not supposed to tell you this or even advise you of this..." "If you're not supposed to then don't," Felix cut him off.

"This appeal is in front of a judge only no jury even if it was in front of a jury this could sway their opinion heavily-" "Professor Hwang, if anyone finds out you could get in trouble," Felix stated.

"The prosecution is looking for you, they have a strong case without you testifying, but you are a key eye witness for them. You testifying crumbles the defense's case,"

Felix pursed his lips, "Why'd you tell me if you know it'll ruin your case?"

Hyunjin hummed and looked at his phone, then back at Felix, "Because I can. I have to go Shuhua needs me for something," Hyunjin said.

Felix nodded, "Thank you, professor Hwang," he said softly.

The older nodded and grabbed his coat, "Starting today Felix, you are off of this case due to your personal connection,"

"Okay,"

Hyunjin left, letting Felix think over everything.

What do I do?