60

"Carol of the bells is just my favourite," Felix said, reading the program.

  "I don't see how, it is kind of scary," Yunjin said.

  "I just love how it starts slow and builds then it slows down, just to build back up, and it comes back to the starting notes and releases,"

   "I still don't see why you aren't in the music department,"

   Felix pressed his lips together and hummed.

   "I heard that there was a flare between you and Declan, what happened?" Yunjin asked.

   "Eh, he and I had a bit of argument and it got a little heated. We talked it over when he got back, but decided that the relationship between us needed to end and so we decided to just be friends," Felix answered.

   Yunjin nodded, "I thought you guys would at least make until after today, however, I think it is good that you ended it. Does this mean the you know how you really feel about him?"

   "It does, but it is clear that he doesn't feel the same, so eventually I'll get over it,"

   "You two are Belly and Conrad in book three," the younger said.

  "No, we aren't," Felix muttered.

  Yunjin nodded.

    The lights in the auditorium dimmed and soft Sound of Dance of the Sugar plum fairy began.

    Declan was in the mix of students on stage.

    As the song ended Felix's phone lit up with a notification. The stage lights closed and Felix looked at his phone.

Professor Hwang
I'm outside
Can we talk for a minute?

   It would be a matter of seconds before Declan's solo started.

   "I'll be right back," he told Yunjin who nodded.

    Felix stood up and walked out of the auditorium. His eyes glancing around before finally spotting Hyunjin. He walked over capturing the professor's attention.

   "What do you want to talk about?" Felix asked.

   "I'm sorry for pushing you away," Hyunjin said.

   Felix shook his head, the sound of 'The carol of the bells' beginning, "We shouldn't do this now,"

   "Felix, we keep doing this thing of pushing each other away and we have to stop. It is a cycle we need to stop,"

   "You wanted boundaries, not me,"

  "And now I am tell you that I don't want them,"

   "You can't just decide one thing and choose another when you find it convenient," Felix stated, the music started to build

  "I don't find any of this convenient. Loving you, my gods, it anything but that, but I love you and there is nothing I can do about it. I have lied to myself, to you, to your best friend, to your brother, to my sister, to my best friend about how I feel about you, because I didn't want to admit it.

   Felix, it took my six year old daughter yelling at to finally realise that I don't want to be Conrad telling you how I feel at your wedding to someone else. I don't want to be Mr. Darcy coming to your house to confess,"  Hyunjin said, the sound of the violin slowed.

    Felix took a shaky breath.

  "Please, say something," Hyunjin whispered.

  The younger opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out, the violin began to build again. Leaning forward he pulled Hyunjin into a sweet kiss.

   Hyunjin was quick to melt into the kiss. He pulled Felix closer, causing them to stumble.

   The sound of the violin slowed once again before it slowly stopped.

   The two pulled away away and looked at each other, chests rising and falling quickly.

   "You should go back in there,"

   Felix shook his head.

  "Wanna leave with you,"

   Hyunjin kissed Felix softly again, "Vi, is with Yeji,"

  Felix hummed and pulled softly at Hyunjin's sleeve, "Let's go, please,"

     Hyunjin nodded and held Felix's hand.

  It felt like so much had been lifted from them with just this. They didn't have to worry about anything besides them, that was it.