38

Hyunjin stood up as he heard shuffling outside. Opening his door, Felix was standing digging in his bag, probably looking for his keycard.

    Even over the rustling Hyunjin could hear the soft crying from the younger.

  "Felix,"

    The younger didn't hear him.

  "Felix!" Hyunjin called out a little louder.

   Felix stopped looking through his bag and took a deep breath, "Yeah?"

   "Why are you crying?"

  The blond shook his head and wiped his face with his sleeves, "I'm not, there is just something in the air it is agitating my nose,"

   "Stop lying to me. Did something happen between you and Winslow?"

    Felix pursed his lips and closed his eyes, tears falling. He trusted Hyunjin. He trusted him so much, but this was scary.

  This was his past that had scarred his skin and mind. It was his past that had been haunting him for twenty-five years.

   It was something that if Hyunjin knew, he was sure the older would never look at him the same.

   "No, nothing happened, we had a good date. I am going to get some sleep now,"

  Even after Felix went into his room and closed the door, Hyunjin could still hear soft cries.

    Hyunjin sighed and went into his own room.

  ♠

  "Damn, you look rough. I may be the one going through a crappy court case, by you look like me when I was going through my divorce," Yeji commented.

   "Something is going with Felix and he won't tell me what it is so it is a little frustrating," Hyunjin said.

   "What do you mean?"

  "There is just something going on with him and I can't do anything,"

   Yeji was about to say something but Felix walked up to them.

  "Sorry, I couldn't find my sweater," he said.

     "It's fine. We are going to our aunt's house here in Virginia. Juni is currently staying with our aunt while this happens because currently neither Yeji or Mr. Harper have actual custody of her at the current moment," Hyunjin said.

  Felix nodded, "Is there anything I need to know about her?"

   "She has scars. Visible ones, from what happened to her and from herself, she is okay with questions about them since they happened a while ago, but she still has some bad days with them," Yeji said.

  "In the file it said at the time of the custody battle she was twelve, it's been three years so she is nearing fifteen, correct?" Felix asked.

   "Felix is everything okay?" Hyunjin asked.

  "Yeah, why?"

   "Just… you've met Juni before, you know how old she is,"

   Felix took a deep breath, "Right, I just wanted to make sure, we should go," he said.

  "Wait, Soyeon, drew up some questions that she would be asking along with some questions defence may ask, it would be good to go over them with Juni," Hyunjin said.

  Felix nodded and read over the questions.

  Hyunjin's brows drew together seeing the way Felix was shaking.

   Reaching out he held Felix's hand, but Felix quickly pulled away.

  "We should go," he said.

  Hyunjin pursed his lips and nodded.

  He hated this a lot.