53

quick reminder I am not an expert in law so please do not quote me on any of this.

-

  a couple days later

  "I didn't think you'd actually call,"

   "You can thank my little sister. She said I should try it out,"

    "I definitely will say thank you," Declan said with a small laugh.

  Felix smiled.

   -

   "With everything given we ask that you grant Mr. Hwang full custody of his daughter," Yuqi said.

    The judge pursed her lips and then clicked her tongue.

   "Ms. Allen, you have had main custody of Viola for six years, allowing Mr. Hwang see her six times a year. Two days in December, two days in March, and two days in July. Now we have the medical records here, ones from Mr. Hwang where he was present and ones from the hospital.

   Now, the ones Mr. Hwang gave line up with some dates from the hospital, however, there are at least thirteen other occasions where she had been to the hospital. She is not in school, she has no room, you have no steady job, you have a drug and alcohol addiction, on more than one occasion you have left a six year old home alone," she said.

   "Mr. Hwang, Viola has been in your sister's care for 72 hours and you have already set her up in online school. She has a room at your house with every basic necessity and you have a steady job,"

  She took a deep breath, "This is something I never thought I'd say; this court six years ago failed this young girl. It deprived this young girl of a loving and caring father because of one thing, while ignoring the many red flags Ms. Allen had and currently has.

  In doing so it left a child in harm's way. Mr. Hwang, you are granted full custody of Viola. Ms. Allen, you are going to be required to go through seven weeks of rehab, while in rehabilitation you will be looked into for abuse and neglect of a minor.

  If found responsible of these acts you have the right to a trial by your peers. With this ruling I also grant Mr. Hwang the restraining order against you. That is all, court is now adjourned,"

  Hyunjin let out the breath he was holding.

  "You did it, you have her," Yuqi said.

   Hyunjin nodded and hugged the woman, "Thank you, Yuqi,"

  "Anytime, Hyun, just, uhm, text before you call next time. Yeonie and I were in the middle of something,"

  Hyunjin chuckled and nodded, "I will,"

-

   Felix looked down at his phone his brows furrowing seeing Hyunjin's contact.

  "Sorry, I have to take this," Felix said, getting up.

  Declan nodded.

   Walking outside of the diner Felix opened his phone and answered the call.

  "Professor Hwang, hi,"

   "We won the case," Hyunjin said.

    "That's great, when did it finish?" Felix asked.

   "Barely an hour ago, but it is really surreal. I completely thought that it was a loss cause because was the same judge from the first time, but we didn't. The father got full custody of his daughter and really it is because of what you mentioned to me,"

    "About the leaving the girl home more than once?"

  "That and the custody agreement, we got hospital records and it did show a pattern of questionable hospital visits. They are looking into it more but currently there is a restraining order in place for the mom," Hyunjin explained.

   Felix smiled, "That is great that you got her out of the situation. It could've gotten bad faster. Uhm, I have to go, but I'll be back tomorrow for class, maybe you can tell me about it more then? I have to make sure I have all my stuff packed," he said

   "Yeah, that would be good to tell you in person,"

  "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow,"

  "Yeah, see you tomorrow,"

  Hyunjin hung up the phone and bit his lip.

  I'll do it tomorrow.