27 ☄️

☄️= flashback chapter

   This chapter is quite important especially since it pertains to Hyunjin's backstory and I guess the aversion to love he has.

   10 years ago

   "Ah, I hate school with a passion," the twenty-two year old groaned.

   The twenty-four year old across from him laughed.

   "Come on, Hyun, you got this. Think of it in a few years we'll be lawyers," Minho said.

  "Not me. I'll be a forensic psychologist," Shuhua said.

   "I'll be your hacker, dear," Yeonjun said, holding Shuhua's hand.

  "Still taken, dear," Shuhua stated, pulling her hand away.

  "Rejected once again, ouch," Soobin laughed.

   "Come here, Choi, I'm sure you won't reject me. I'll kiss you slowly, trail some nice soft kisses down your neck, maybe, leave a few marks," Yeonjun bit his lip, his finger trailing down Soobin's neck, "Give me a chance, Binnie and I'll make you forget everything but my name," he finished, running his thumb acrossed Soobin's lower lip.

    "Guys, gross. We are in public," Minho said.

  "I'm sorry, wasn't it you and Chan who Hyunjin caught fucking in the dean's office?" Soyeon said.

   "Oh gosh, don't remind me of that, it is something I swish I could erase from brain," Hyunjin said, pressing his hands against his eyes to try and rid himself of the image.

   Arms wrapped around Hyunjin's neck and a sweet vanilla scent invaded Hyunjin's sense of smell.

  "Hey, darling," a sweet voice said softly.

   Hyunjin held the girl's arms thumbs rubbing soft circles on them.

  "Hey, cherry. What are you doing here? I thought you were going out with your friends,"

    The brunette sat next to Hyunjin, "I was, but I got bored and missed you, and I knew you guys were studying late, so I went back to our place and prepared some food for everyone," she said, setting a relatively large lunch box on the table.

  "Thanks, Jules," Shuhua said.

   "Yes, thank you, cherry," Hyunjin said, leaning over and kissing the girl.

  Julianna smiled softly after the kiss.

    "I made everyone's favourite," she said, passing the containers to everyone.

  "You are an angel, honestly, isn't she?" Yeonjun questioned.

   "Sorry, my angel will always be my little brother," Minho said.

  "Right, Min, how is he?" Soyeon asked softly.

   Minho hummed, "I'm not entirely sure, to be honest… I visited him the other day, but uh, he's still not talking… the doctors aren't sure he will ever really do anything by himself again or ever be himself again," Minho paused, "but, uh, you know, there is hope because he is reading.

   It is something the doctors noticed, he reads anything and everything. They just aren't sure if he is taking in the information," he said, pursing his lips.

   "I'm sure he'll get better, min," Soyeon said, holding Minho's hand.

  "What happened? If you don't mind me asking," Hyunjin asked.

  "Uhm, my little brother was in a pretty bad accident and the trauma from it has just kind of made him unresponsive to everything," Minho told him.

  "I'm so sorry, Minho," Julianna said.