🥀50🥀

tw: abuse (not Hyunjin), Hyunjin says some not so nice things to someone, (there is a child involved in all this)

-

"How are you feeling?" Hyunjin asked.

"My leg hurts, but that's all,"

Hyunjin moved some of the girl's hair out of her face, "Where was your mom?"

"I don't know, I woke up and she was gone," the girl said.

"How did you get to the hospital?" Hyunjin questioned.

"Mrs. Lennon, she came to check on us because she heard a loud noise. I fell trying to get food,"

"Have eaten yet, honey?"

The girl shook her head. Hyunjin kissed the girl's forehead and stood up, "I'll be right back. I'm going to make a quick call,"

The girl nodded.

Hyunjin left the room and pulled his phone out.

"Hello, hello, Yuqi Jeon, at your service,"

"Yuqi, hey,"

"Oh, hey, Hyun, what's up?" She asked.

"I know Soyeon is busy with other cases, but do you think it is possible for you to come to Jersey just for a bit? I need your help with something," Hyunjin asked.

"Uh, sure what's up?"

"I want custody of Viola,"

"Wait, I thought Julianna had custody of her," Yuqi said.

"She does, but Yuqi, I'm in the hospital right now because Julianna left her alone. This isn't the first time either. The court said I couldn't have unless it was visits because I didn't have a steady job, now I have a more than steady job,"

"Is there any other reason besides her leaving a six year old alone that she is unfit to have full custody of Viola?" Yuqi asked.

"Her job situation, her alcoholism, I really wou-" Hyunjin paused seeing his ex stumble through the hall, "I have to call you back,"

Just as Julianna stumbled into the room Hyunjin ended the call.

Hyunjin quickly entered hearing small whines from Viola.

"You're such a brat. I was in the middle of something then I get a call from Mrs. Lennon saying you are here," the woman said, her hand holding a fistful of the little girl's hair.

"Julianna, let go of her," Hyunjin said.

The brunette looked up, her hand fell to her side and she scoffed, "Why are you here?"

"Because my daughter is in the hospital and she called me,"

Julianna raised a brow, "She called you?"

"Yes, Julianna, she called me. Now, we need to talk outside," Hyunjin stated.

"We can talk right here,"

"No, because I am not going to argue in front of her,"

"I'm not done talking with you," she said to the small girl.

Hyunjin pursed his lips and walked outside with Julianna.

"Where were you?"

"It doesn't concern you,"

"It does concern me, when my daughter is in the hospital because she hurt herself trying to get food, because you weren't there," Hyunjin stated.

"I don't see you being around either, Hyunjin," Julianna said.

"I am around as often as I can be given our custody agreement,"

"Oh, don't give me that you agreed to it,"

Hyunjin scoffed, "I agreed because if I didn't I wouldn't be able see her as you made clear," he said.

"You could have asked for more time," she stated.

"Julianna, you didn't want her, I told you that I would take custody of her but you said no, you said that I either agreed to the terms you set or I wouldn't see her, so I did. I couldn't have asked for anything,"

Julianna rolled her eyes.

"You know, what I am done. I am getting custody of Vi, and if you don't like it, hire a lawyer, but right now proves that she can't be in your care longer. You smell of alcohol and tobacco and it's barely noon," Hyunjin said.

"Please who do you think they'll side with? The barely there dad or the mom?" She questioned.

"Julianna, there isn't a maternal bone in you. The only reason you went through with the pregnancy was because you thought I would run back to you and marry you, but I didn't and now you're pissed and taking it out out her. You never wanted a kid,"

The sound of Julianna's hand colliding with Hyunjin's cheek echoed in the hallway startling some of the hospital staff.

"You will not get custody of her," the woman was seething.

"There is no reason why I can't, Julianna. This is the third time in the last two months I've come to the hospital because you weren't around. I've held my tongue and thought that it was simply accidents, but it's not. You don't care about her, you've never care about her, and you never will truly care for her, because you never wanted her,"

This time she punched him over and over on the chest. He caught her wrists and took a breath.

"You're not getting her," she said.

"Julianna, leave," Hyunjin said, letting go of her wrists.

"No,"

"Ma'am, we are going to have to ask you to leave," one of the hospital staff said.

"My daughter is here,"

"You're creating a disturbance, you may leave willingly or I can have security escort you out," she stated.

Julianna looked at Hyunjin, "I'm not letting this go, you won't get her,"

Once Julianna left the nurse turned to Hyunjin, "Are you okay, sir?"

"Yes, I am, thank you," Hyunjin said.

The woman nodded and went back to what she was doing and Hyunjin went into the hospital room and sat on the bed.

"Where is she?" Viola asked.

"She had to leave. How are are you feeling?" Hyunjin asked, swiftly changing the topic.

"What happened to your cheek?"

"Nothing. How about I call auntie Shuhua? She can come hang out with you and I can get you some food," Hyunjin suggested.

Viola scooted over and hugged Hyunjin.

Hyunjin relaxed and took a deep breath, tears falling on his cheeks.

He felt like it was his fault that she was here