🥀41💧

tw: abuse, Winslow is still an ass

-

"I'll be right back, I need to use the bathroom," Felix said.

Hyunjin nodded.

Felix left the room and walked down the hall to the bathroom, however he was pushed against the wall and his upper forearm was held tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me that she was going up there?"

"You're hurting me, let me go,"

Winslow held Felix's arm a little tighter, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't know, okay? Let me go," Felix said trying to pull his arm away, but the action only caused it to hurt more.

-

"Ms. Jeon,"

Soyeon looked up, "Ms. Abby, I'm sorry we can't talk,"

The older woman pursed her lips, "I know, but I saw something,"

"About the case?"

"No, no, about one of your lawyer friends, the young one. Eh, with the freckles," the old woman said.

"Mr. Lee?"

"Yes, him," the old woman fumbled with her phone, "Ah, I don't know how to use these things that well,"

The woman was at least in her 70s.

"Ah, here," she gave Soyeon her phone.

Showing her a shaky video of Winslow holding Felix's arm and Felix trying to get away with some tears in his eyes.

Soyeon took a breath.

"Ms. Abby, may I keep your phone for a little? I need to bring this to the attention of the judge. I promise you won't get in trouble for recording,"

"Yes, yes, do what you have to dear,"

"Thank you, Ms. Abby,"

Soyeon quickly went off.

Everyone was beginning to enter the courtroom again as morning break was almost over.

The first thing everyone at the counsel table noticed was the blooming red stain on Felix's white sweater, that the blond was trying to cover.

"Felix, what happened?" Hyunjin questioned, but the younger seemed out of it.

Juni looked a little worried.

"Hyunjin," Soyeon said.

Hyunjin turned to the woman.

"Yeah?"

Soyeon handed Hyunjin the phone with the video.

There wasn't a way to describe how Hyunjin was feeling, however, as Soyeon looked at him be seemed so calm.

"Juni, go outside with your mom," Hyunjin said softly.

"What?"

"Please, just go,"

The teen hesitantly stood up and walked over to Yeji, who looked over to Hyunjin confused.

Hyunjin walked over to her, "Something just came to my attention regarding Felix and Winslow. I don't think it is a appropriate for Juni to be in here right now,"

"What, no, I'm staying," Juni stated.

"Juni," Yeji said softly.

"I'm not a baby, okay? I'm staying. He made me feel safe and assured me with this, I'm not leaving,"

"Okay, you can stay," Yeji said.

"Yeji," Hyunjin said.

"She's right, Hyunjin. She's old enough to make her own decisions, she cares about Felix, she wants to stay,"

Hyunjin pursed his lips and nodded, "Okay,"

The two walked back to the table and sat down.

"Before the jury come in is there anything that must be discussed?"

Hyunjin stood up, "Yes, there is, your honour,"

"Would you like to approach?"

"I was hoping was hoping we could discuss this with approaching, your honour," he said.

"Okay,"

"Firstly, I would like to say that there was contact between Ms. Jeon and juror. It was not regarding the case itself, however, it was regarding an interaction between Mr. Winslow and Mr. Lee,"

Felix's eyes widened and he looked at Hyunjin.

"What interaction?"

"If I may approach," Hyunjin said.

"You may,"

Hyunjin grabbed the phone and walked over to the judge and handed it to him

He put he glasses on an watched the video. Handing the phone back to Hyunjin, he sat back in his chair and looked at Winslow.

"Which juror?" He asked.

"Ms. Melanie Abby," Soyeon answered.

"Can you please bring her in here," he asked the bailiff.

A few moments later the old lady was sitting on the witness stand.

"Ms. Abby, it is my understanding that you witnessed an altercation between two members of the counsel, if you could please identify them?" The judge asked.

"Yes. It was that young man right there with the blond hair, and this man right here,"

"What was the altercation?"

"This one grabbed the young man's arm and got upset because of something, but he wouldn't let go even when the young one started crying," she said.

"Mr. Winslow, is this true? I will remind you that lying, will do you no favours," he said.

"Yes, your honour," Winslow said.

"Mr. Lee, is this true?"

Felix was hesitant to speak, "...Yes, your honour,"

"Ms. Abby, recording in the courthouse is strictly forbidden, however, under these circumstances, I will let it pass, however, you are dismissed from the jury," the judge said.

The woman nodded and the bailiff hoed her go sit in the gallery.

"Mr. Winslow, you are excused from this case. Your conduct here today, was not good and I hate to assume, but I will in this situation. I assume that you have a relationship with Mr. Lee outside of here, which is why you felt okay with doing this, because you probably knew he wouldn't say anything.

However, something was said, not by Mr. Lee, but by someone who knew that what you were doing was wrong. The video will be brought to the proper authorities. There will be an investigation, because I can only assume that if you did this to Mr. Lee you probably did this, perhaps worse to others. Mm, for now, you are being held for assault. Bailiffs, please,"

The bailiffs cuffed Winslow and took him away.

"Court is dismissed for the day," the judge said.

Felix looked down at his hands and took a breath.

He was sure Hyunjin was upset with him.