War-Mantle

Aurora found herself sitting across from Hunter, her legs were kicked up on Gonky while Omega tinkered with the droid. She subtly watched Hunter twirl his knife in his hand. She couldn't help but think how attractive it was that he did that. Then she made a face and scolded herself for thinking like that. Omega tried to copy him.

"We're being hailed. It's-" Echo paused. "Rex." Aurora looked up and walked over to him. So did Hunter and Omega. Everyone turned to the center and Echo patched him through and they saw a hooded Rex, he seemed distressed.

"Hi Rex." Aurora smiled and Hunter of course noticed her cheerier attitude.

"Hello everyone. Sorry to cut right to it, but I could use your help." He said.

"What do you need, captain?" Hunter asked.

"I received a distress signal from a clone trooper, but I'm a bit tied up at the moment to retrieve him." He said.

"You want us to recover a reg?" Hunter asked.

"He's an old friend, and he's in trouble. I need you to get him out." Rex said.

There was a moment of silence before Hunter spoke up again. "Out of what exactly?" They heard beeping on Rex's end and he seemed to be more on edge.

"Can't talk right now. Sending you his signal. I'll be in touch." With that Rex disappeared. Tech turned in his chair to retrieve the coordinates.

"What was that about?" Wrecker asked.

"The distress signal sent by CC-5576 is originating from Daro." Tech said, Aurora folded her arms and slightly tilted her head at Tech. "A terrestrial planet in the Outer Rim with no known settlements or installations." He adjusted his goggles.

"What's he doing all the way out there?" Hunter asked.

"Well doesn't it matter?" Echo started.

"We've gone on missions before without much intel, but this would be stretching it." Hunter said.

"Rex wouldn't ask us for help if it wasn't urgent." Echo said, Aurora admitted to herself that she would rather do this rescue than Cid's mission.

"I think we should do it." Aurora nodded

"Echo got a point." Wrecker said.

"May I remind you that we are in the middle of a job for Cid." Tech interjected. "If we deviate, we will not be compensated. No money means no food."

"Oh yea. Tech's got a point." Wrecker said.

"Rex's friend is in trouble." Omega said. "That's more important than getting paid."

"Well the kid's got a point." Wrecker said.

"Come on Hunter, we should at least check it out." Aurora added. "Maybe it'll be worth our wild."

Hunter looked at his crew, his eyes landed on Echo who leaned forward in his seat, standing his ground. "Fine. We'll check things out but," he sighed. "I don't like it."

"Doesn't surprise me." Aurora muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The batch entered the Daro system and they were all huddled in the bridge, Aurora leaning over Echo's seat. "We are approaching Daro's atmosphere." Tech said. "I'll bring us in low to avoid possible tracking scanners."

"We're banking a lot on a clone we don't even know." Hunter said.

"And I thought you clones all knew each other." Aurora joked.

"Rex trusts him, and I trust Rex." Echo said.

They continued flying to where the clone's tracker was located and Tech and Echo got the Marauder landed. One by one they exited the ship. Tech had his data pad out. "The signal is coming from that direction." Tech pointed and everyone moved forward. "The beacon should be right ahead."