Tipping Point

What started as one rotation on Pabu has turned into many, many rotations. The Bad Batch had even stopped keeping count at this point. Well they all assumed if they asked Tech how long they have been there he would know. Life was mundane for them and to them? That was perfect. Pabu was perfect.

Wrecker was fishing at the docks. While Shep and Hunter were moving boxes. Aurora was walking down the steps. A tray in her hand full of ice cold drinks. As soon as Hunter saw her, a smile grew across his face. Aurora returned the smile.

"Thirsty?" She asked as the two men placed the boxes down.

"Yes, Thank you Aurora." Shep said, taking a glass.

Hunter kissed Aurora's cheek before grabbing a glass as well. "Thank you."

"Of course." Aurora nodded. The two men took a drink.

"This friend of yours who's stopping by, he another clone?" Shep asked Hunter.

"Yea, but don't worry. He's not with the empire." Hunter said.

"Omega's going to be so happy to see him again." Aurora added.

"If you two trust him. That's enough for me." Shep said.

Wrecker was walking up the stairs, Aurora turned noticing the huge fish he was carrying on his shoulder. "The new fishing dock's rebuilt and moored."

"Wrecker?" Aurora raised an eyebrow.

"I caught some dinner!" Wrecker laughed as he put the fish down.

"You've been busy." Hunter said.

"You got that right!" Wrecker replied. Aurora laughed.

"Hey Wrecker!" Lyana called and he turned. "Can we get your help? We're fortifying the seawall."

"Sure thing boss!" Wrecker said. He ran to them laughing.

"He's become an integral part of this community." Shep said. "You all have."

"We're just happy to help." Aurora said.

"I know you all talked about staying for a while since finishing the repairs, but any chance you've reconsidered staying permanently?" He asked.

"For soldiers, putting down roots is an occupational hazard. I don't want to put this place at risk because of us." Hunter said.

"We've been doing quite alright so far." Aurora mentioned.

"Aurora is right. Is that all you are? A soldier?" Shep questioned.

"I'm not a soldier." Aurora added.

This left Hunter not saying anything but the Marauder flew low and right over their heads. "I see Tech is teaching Omega how to fly recklessly." Aurora said.

"More flying lessons?" Shep asked.

"Uh huh. Tech's got his hands full." Hunter said.

Aurora shook her head. "I think she's going to give him a heart attack with her flying."

"Uh-huh." Hunter agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tech on the other hand gripped his chair like his life depended on it. Omega was happily smiling and piloting the Marauder. She pushed the controls down and the ship started nose diving towards the water.

"Up! Up! Up, Omega." Tech frantically said. "Pull up!"

"Copy that." Omega said with a smile on her face, completely oblivious to Tech's almost panic attack. She pulled on the controls and the ship leveled out right as the tip of the Marauder touched the water. Water sprayed the nearby villagers and Omega got the ship back into the sky.