Extraction

The smell of smoke burned Aurora's nostrils. Wrecker was the first to get up, prying open the doors. He collapsed before completely getting out. Batcher jumping on his back. Omega climbed out, helping Wrecker get out. Omega then ran towards Batcher. Somehow everyone made it out of the vessel still alive.

When Hunter got out he turned around and held his hand out for Aurora who gladly took it. When she was out, Hunter carefully grabbed her face. "Are you alright? You're hurt!"

Aurora's lip was swollen, cut, and had some already dried blood and she had some blood coming from her hairline. "I'm fine." She brushed him off.

"You are bleeding in multiple spots." He stated already having a rag in his hand and wiping her lip. "So shut up and let me do this."

Aurora smirked. "I like it when you're so demanding."

"Now is not the time for that." Hunter lectured but even Aurora knew he was also smiling under his helmet.

"I think it's the perfect time." Aurora teased. "After all, I am your damsel in distress."

"You good?" Someone else pulled their attention away from each other. The two of them looked over to see Crosshair worrying about Omega.

"Uh-huh." Omega said as she checked over Batcher.

"Got your crossbow?" He asked.

"Yep." Omega shrugged, clearly getting annoyed with Crosshair's overprotectiveness.

"Sure you can carry those supplies?" He continued with the questions.

"Yes." Omega finally faced Crosshair.

"Stay close." Crosshair said. "It's easy to get lost in this terrain."

"He's so bad at that." Aurora chuckled as Hunter finished getting her cleaned up.

"Bad at what?" Hunter asked.

"He's just so awkward about being protective over her." She laughed some more. "And he's just about as bad as you with her."

"I am not bad." Hunter scoffed.

"You're as bad as Hunter." Omega pointed out.

Aurora leaned in and whispered. "See?"

"Oh, I'm much worse." Crosshair stated.

"Echo should meet us at the extraction point." Rex informed everyone. "We'll have to continue on foot."

"He better show up or I'll skin the skiff alive." Aurora said.

"How far?" Hunter asked.

"Five clicks north." Rex said.

"You know, I think I'm even more broken. You should carry me." Aurora joked.

"In your dreams, you should be carrying me for all the times I saved you." Hunter said.

"Excuse you?" Aurora's jaw dropped. "I saved your ass waaayyy more times."

An incoming shuttle was heard and Hunter stopped and turned around. Aurora followed his gaze and saw the two shuttles. "We've got attack shuttles inbound." Hunter said.

"This way." Rex urgently said and everyone took off running.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The forest was pitched black, but no one wanted to use their flashlights. Batcher was leading the group. Aurora was walking behind Hunter but in front of Crosshair. She heard him sigh and she tuned into his conversation.

"What?" Crosshair questioned.

"I've seen how you are with the kid." Howzer stated.

"Hmm. Your point?" Crosshair asked.