Paths Unknown Pt. 1

Aurora sighed again for the fifth time in the past 10 minutes. The trip on the Marauder was rather quiet, other than the Pyke they had captured. His heavy breathing was heard throughout the whole ship. She had been watching the Pyke the whole ride.

"What is it, Aurora?" Hunter asked from the controls. Wrecker sat next to him and kept quiet. Aurora kept her focus on the Pyke, ignoring Hunter. "Aurora."

Aurora sighed again. "Are we sure this is wise?"

"This is the closest thing we've had to a lead in... in what like 146 rotations"" Hunter said.

Aurora turned to look at him. "You don't know Lady Durand like I do. You can't trust her."

"Perhaps." Hunter said. "But if we can't trust her, why call her Lady Durand?"

"Trust me, she's earned that title." Aurora grumbled. "This hand that she is lending to us has stabbed many trusted adversaries in the back countless times."

"We don't have a choice, and well it's too late now, we already have the Pyke." Hunter said. The planet came into view and Aurora sighed for the seventh time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three of them and the Pyke prisoner stood in front of the great red and beige doors. Aurora looked around anxiously, this was a reunion she wasn't ready for. The sound of a male screaming pulled her attention back to the doors and another moment later they opened and the guards gestured them on inside. Wrecker pushed the Pyke in first.

The Pyke stopped at the doors and looked at the guards, Hunter this time pushing him in further. Aurora walked behind the two boys. The guards eyed her as they walked inside.

Aurora saw the force field that the Pyke, Hunter, and Wrecker all walked onto. She paused just right at the edge. She couldn't remember just how many of her enemies Isa Durand had sent to their death.

"The mercenaries we discussed." Roland Durand turned to his mother. Aurora looked back at the Devaronian. Still looking cold as ever.

"Mercenaries? All of them." Isa Durand snickered. "Last I heard The Space Princess was dead and it was The Space Prince alive and well, but how the tables have turned." Isa nodded to Aurora. "Still, such courage to demand an audience with me. You'd be dead if my son hadn't told me you had The Space Princess working for you."

Hunter looked back at Aurora, he expected to hear her remark about never calling her that but her face stayed unwavered. She must've prepared herself for hearing the nickname again. What surprised Hunter was the smile that crossed Aurora's lips. "Lady Durand, what an honor it is for us to meet again. It's been a while."

"Save your pleasantries Aurora." Isa snapped. "I know you hate me."

"And don't you hate me?" Aurora quickly fired back. "Wasn't it you who threatened me first? Not my fault he was only protecting me. You can't blame all of it on me."

"Yes, I suppose so." Isa smiled. "Such a shame hearing what happened to him. I can only imagine how upset you were-"

"I killed him." Aurora cut her off. "I shot him in the back and in the head. He couldn't even tell me he loved me one more time before I ended his life."

"What if she's lying!" Someone from her council called down from above. "How can we trust her?"

Isa slammed her staff on the floor. Aurora saw the smirk on her face. "If there is one thing us women have decided was that we weren't going to lie to each other. Saves all of us time." She held her hand out to Hunter and Wrecker. "What are you here for?"