Plan 99

Wrecker and Hunter pried the doors open to the rail car. Almost everyone but Echo, who was still at the controls, and Aurora, looked down below. Aurora was looking at the smoke coming from the compound.

"This is not ideal." Tech said, holding his data pad up.

"At least we're not hanging under the car." Wrecker stated.

"This isn't much better." Omega added.

"What are we going to do?" Aurora turned to ask.

Blaster fire shot at them and the group ducked back inside, Hunter quickly pulled out his blaster and started shooting back. Wrecker following suit. Aurora ran up to the others, her blaster already in her hand.

"Echo, get this car moving!" Hunter ordered.

"The explosions must've knocked out power to the rail line." Echo said.

"I can try to reboot the system, but I will need to plug directly into one of the terminals on the track." Tech said.

"That doesn't sound like a good idea, Tech." Aurora said.

"You four, give us cover." Hunter said. "Tech up top with me." Hunter and Tech climbed up the ladder. Hunter gave Tech a boost to the top of the rail car. He started climbing up to the top of the rail line. Aurora climbed up the ladders and helped Hunter open the doors so the two of them could continue firing.

The rail car started shaking and Aurora grabbed the open door to steady herself. "I hope Tech is doing okay up there."

"Keep focus." Hunter told her, taking out a stormtrooper.

Tech must've made it to the panel because the comms sparked to life. "I am plugged in. Stand by." He said.

Hunter looked up and Aurora followed but all she could see was fog. Three star ships entered the system. He tapped his comm-link. "We've got three ships inbound."

"Where? I don't see them." Omega asked.

"Tech we need power!" Hunter yelled into the comms.

Aurora saw the fighters. Everyone on the rail car started to shoot at them but it was useless. She watched as they shot at the rail car. One of the hinges broke from the damage. Everyone lost their balance. Hunter pulled Aurora up.

"Echo now!" Tech said into his comm.

A moment went by. "We're online." Echo replied.

"Tech, get back here now!" Aurora yelled into her comm.

Hunter saw the fighter turned around and started shooting. Aurora copied him and the two of them shot a fighter, but it wasn't enough to take it down. They focused and together shot at the same time, their blasts hitting one of the fighters which hit another fighter, causing a small explosion. The third one came into view, firing down on the group. One of the rail cars fell off the hinge shaking the cars. Aurora lost her balance again and almost fell out of the car but Hunter was quick to grab her arm and pull her against him.

"Get to the others!" Hunter instructed and the two of them slid down the ladder. Together, they watched the other rail car slowly disconnected from the hinge. Aurora ran to the open door with Wrecker and Omega. The three of them see Tech hanging a thousand feet in the air.

"Tech!" Aurora screamed. The stormtroopers shot from the other car and Wrecker pulled the girls back. Hunter appeared and started firing at them. Aurora moved to the other car with Wrecker and Omega right behind her. "How do we get him?!"

"Come on, Tech!" Wrecker yelled. "Hurry!"

"I am climbing as fast as I can." Tech stated.

One of the stormtroopers hit the hinge and the cars became more unbalanced, Tech sliding further down the cable.