⁷²

It was the day after the incident, jeongin had been texting chan none stop. Begging for him to text back, chan only read the messages. I'm not even bothering to respond.

It felt so cruel.

Jeongin watched chan walk in, and he was laughing with his friends. Jeongin hated how chan looked happy. Compared to how stressed jeongin was. "Chan — can we talk, please?" Jeongin eagerly said. He was holding chans wrist, looking into his eyes as he was hurt.

His friends had separated away from chan, leaving him to talk to jeongin.

"I texted you yesterday."

The air was so awkward, making chan let out a sigh through his nostrils. He just looked away, getting a glimpse of some students walking by.

"Yeah, I know."

"Why didn't you respond?" Jeongin asked. "I told you I didn't want anything with you jeongin, why would I respond to someone I don't want?"

He chuckled.

He was so heartless, jeongins facial expressions fell, the words. The 3 words towards the end. They made jeongins eyes fill with tears, as they were slowly falling, just looking at chan.

"I-I don't understand, I did everything for you, I made you lunches, i cared about everything you did chan, always checked on you."  It seems he could
Name more things he did for chan.
They could go on hours and hours, but he just looked around at chans face.

Noticing how he looked, he looked as if he definitely knew what he did he just couldn't show how he truly felt. But his eyebrows furrowed, and something weird happened.

Chan pulled jeongin into a hug, hugging imdetially. "Im sorry I'm unlovable." These words stuck to jeongin even if this happened years ago. He broke the hug after
Just pursing his lips.

"What?"

Chan told jeongin this, a day before they would graduate high school. It stuck with him forever.
Chan? Unlovable? But he got almost every guy he wanted with just a single look and flirty gesture.

"But you get everything you want. Everyone likes you."

"So why did you think I wanted you, jeongin?" Jeongin bit his lower lip. He just felt tears emerge from the corner of his eyes. He'd never gotten rejected like this before.

"You told me I was Beautiful, you treated me as if I was the only person you cared about.. how could I have not thought that you loved me."

Jeongins voice was giving out. He was struggling to look chan in the eyes. Chan must've known that what he did was basically exactly what jeongin said, as he sighed to him.

"Im sorry that's my mistake.. I just —" He didn't finish his sentence, as his friends called him over, telling him to come over and hurry up.
Chan just looked back towards the small group of people, then back towards jeongin.

"We"ll talk later."

Chan said. He said this last time. But they didn't. Jeongin had to forcefully get chans attention. It made him feel stupid. He just watched, frustrated at the fact chan showed he didn't care.

He was so dumbfounded that he watched chan with his friends, jogging away to catch up with them.

He felt like another option.

________

Took so long to writee