Extra #2

"MOMMY! DADDY! WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!"

The sound of small feet hitting the wood floor and the loud cry of their young daughter pulled Raevanna out of her deep sleep. Furrowing her brows slightly, she made no response or effort to get up, knowing that she'd had a long night and needed as much sleep as she could get. However, moments later the bedroom door swung open, and a heavy lump suddenly landed hard on the bed before small hands began to shake her shoulders.

"Mommy!" Natasha whined. "C'mon, wake up!"

"Your daughter is awake," Raevanna muttered to Steve with her eyes still closed, knowing that Natasha's yelling had woken him, too.

"Before six in the morning, she's your daughter," Steve muttered back, also not opening his eyes.

"Mommy!" Natasha went on, going from shaking her mother's shoulders to gently tugging at her hair and poking her face. "Wake up, Mommy, come on!"

"Are you going to get up?" Steve asked Raevanna. "She's calling you."

"If I remember correctly, she called you, too," Raevanna replied.

"Mommy, come on!" Natasha said, her voice going higher as her frustration grew. "Wake up!"

Finally Raevanna caved, rolling onto her side and looking at her daughter. "Yes, Nat, what is it?"

"You promised that we'd go to Coney Island today!" Natasha said. "C'mon, Daddy says breaking promises is bad!"

"I did say that," Steve said with his eyes still closed.

Raevanna turned to Steve and lightly slapped his shoulder in mock annoyance, causing him to chuckle. Then, she looked back at her daughter. "Natasha, I said we'd go today, not this morning. It's still early, the sun's not even up yet."

"I see the sun," Steve muttered, still not turning around or opening his eyes.

Raevanna rolled her eyes. "Babe. Not helping."

"Mommyyyyyyy," Natasha whined, crossing her arms and huffing loudly. "C'mon, you promised."

Raevanna let out a loud, audible sigh before nodding repeatedly. "Alright, alright, I'm up. Go get ready, I'll be there in a few minutes."

Natasha cheered happily before jumping off the bed and running out of the room. Raevanna sighed again once she was gone, then rolled over again so she could look at Steve.

"I really don't appreciate you encouraging her so much," Raevanna said to him, the only sign of her playfulness being her smile. "You know how excited she can get, and when she gets all hyped up and bouncy like that it's almost impossible to get her to calm down."

Steve's eyes finally opened, a soft smile gracing his lips. "You're just upset that she woke you up before the sun was fully up."

"Of course I am, you know I'm not a morning person," Raevanna protested.

Steve just laughed, shaking his head before pressing his lips to hers in a long yet soft kiss. Then he pulled away, his smile even wider. "I love you," he said in a soft voice.

Raevanna smiled back. "I love you, too." Sitting up, she stretched her arms up above her head and looked back at Steve. "I'm gonna head to the kitchen before she gets into the cookie butter again. Try not to stay in bed too long, Nat's gonna want the both of us to come."

With that, Raevanna got up, leaving the bedroom and walking down the hall into the bathroom. Natasha was there, struggling to get her pale pink rashguard over her head. Raevanna laughed softly, walking forward as she gave a gentle shake of her head. "Here, let me help you."