73 - Diana Prince

A FEW HOURS LATER, RAEVANNA, STEVE, SAM, AND NATASHA WERE ON THEIR WAY TO BOSTON TO FIND DIANA PRINCE AND HOPEFULLY CONVINCE HER TO HELP THEM. Sam and Natasha were flying the stolen quinjet as Raevanna paced back and forth in the back, worry eating away at her as she muttered to herself in Valyrian. 

"Raevanna," Steve said, trying to get her to lower her obvious stress level. "It's okay. We have her location now, so it's not like we won't be able to find her." 

"I know," Raevanna said, stopping and turning to face him. "It's not that, it's just..." She sighed. "I keep getting the feeling that this is a bad idea, and that she won't be willing to help us." 

"Well, we won't know until we ask, right?" Steve said. "And that's why we're flying to Boston, so we can find out." He smiled. "So relax. It'll be alright." 

Raevanna smiled back, grateful for his calming words. Then, she walked over to him and sat down next to him, resting her head on his shoulder and interlocking their fingers. She was glad Steve was with her; he provided clarity and reasoning when she was too stressed or overwhelmed to find it herself.

"ETA in three minutes, Cap," Sam said, catching their attention. 

Steve and Raevanna sat up straight, glancing at each other before getting up. Hand in hand, they waited for a few minutes until the jet landed, and Sam put it in cloaking mode before opening the ramp, and they all walked outside. The house was a quaint two-story house, painted pale blue with white trimmings. A blue-green station wagon was parked in the driveway, and the lights were on inside, signaling that its occupants were home. 

"Alright," Steve said as they approached the door. "I'll call her now." Bringing the burner phone to his ear, he waited for a moment before he spoke. "Is this Diana Prince?" he asked. He was quiet for a moment before continuing, "Because we need your help." He glanced at Raevanna. "But you have to promise not to retaliate." He waited for a beat as she answered. "Good." And with that, Steve hung up, and then immediately hit the doorbell. 

After a few moments, the door swung open, revealing it to be none other than Diana Prince, who frowned at the four fugitives in confusion. Her eyes roamed over each of them, lingering on Raevanna for a bit longer, before she turned to Steve and Natasha, then suddenly gasped as a look of recognition dawned in her eyes. 

"Well that's a nice reaction compared to what we usually get these days," Sam joked, grinning at Diana.

Steve looked back at Sam and grinned before facing Diana, his smile quickly fading. "I'm Steve," he said, holding his hand out for Diana to shake. "This is Natasha, Raven, and Sam." He nodded to Natasha, then at Raevanna and Sam.

Diana shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"Is it alright if we come in?" Steve asked politely.

Diana looked back into the house, seeming to silently ask for approval from an older woman behind her. The older woman seemed shocked by the four's appearance, but after a moment she nodded, and Diana faced the quartet. "Yes, it's fine. Come in."

With that, Diana led the four of them into the house, then shut the door behind her. Once they were inside, Sam sighed, crossing his arms as he looked around.

"Damn," he said quietly. "I sure did miss being in an actual house."

Diana frowned, clearly even more confused, but before she could ask what he meant, the voice of a young girl came from upstairs.

"Mom!" the voice yelled, and moments later a young teen with curly red hair burst out of a room. "Diana! Someone's at the–" She stopped mid-sentence when she saw the four newcomers in the living room. "Door."