44 - The Safe House

"THE NEWS IS LOVING YOU GUYS," MARIA HILL SAID TO TONY AS THEY SPOKE THROUGH A VIDEO CALL. "Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air."

A few hours had passed, and the team was back on the quinjet. Bruce had been turned into the Hulk as a result of Wanda's powers and had gone on a rampage, forcing Tony to stop him. The rest of the team had been rendered unable to fight because of Wanda, but even though they had now recovered and were no longer trapped in their visions, the memories were still lingering in their heads.

"Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked Hill.

"Already on the scene," she replied. "How's the team?"

Tony glanced back at his friends. "Everyone's... we took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here," Hill told him.

"So, run and hide?" Tony said.

Maria shook her head, sounding just as defeated. "Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer."

"Neither do we," Tony said. Then he switched off the monitor, ending the call, before turning to Clint, who was flying the Quinjet. "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

Clint shook his head. "No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out."

"A few hours from where?" Tony asked in confusion.

Clint looked back at him. "A safe house."

Tony glanced at the man in confusion before walking over to Raevanna, who was huddled in a corner with her knees hugged to her chest. He was just as shocked to find that she had been blinded by the laser blast from Ultron's robots, and even more so that she was able to heal the burn around her eyes, but not her eyes themselves.

"You okay, Tink?" Tony asked, looking down at her. He'd never seen her like this before. She looked so... small. And frail.

Raevanna lifted her cloudy eyes to meet his. "No. But I will be."

Tony nodded, giving her an encouraging smile even though she couldn't see him. "Well, when we get back to the tower, I might be able to help you. You know... take care of your eyes, like we did with Barton."

Raevanna smiled back gratefully, nodding as well. "I... I'd like that. Thanks."

Tony put his hand on her shoulder, then got up and sat down next to Clint. And the rest of the flight was spent in silence, hoping for the best - in more ways than one.

══════════ ◦◦◦✥◦◦◦ ═════════

A few hours later, the Quinjet landed outside a large farmhouse in the middle of the woods. Clint opened the ramp, and without a word the team all walked towards the house. Raevanna lagged behind a little, holding onto Blake's arm for support and guidance. She couldn't see where they were, but she could sense the change in their surroundings, and she figured they were, in fact, on a farm of some kind.

"What is this place?" Thor asked as they walked.

"A safe house?" Tony suggested, sounding uncertain himself.

Clint glanced at them. "Let's hope."

They all entered the house. Then, Clint took a deep breath and called out, "Honey, I'm home."

After a moment, Raevanna heard footsteps coming in from the kitchen. She could tell by the walking pattern that it was a woman - a pregnant one at that - and when the footsteps suddenly stopped she knew that the woman had stopped herself, very surprised to see the team there.