83 - Second Chances

RAEVANNA RETURNED TO THE APARTMENT THE NEXT WEEK. Since Tony had told her not to tell anyone about his new life, she told Steve that she was going to Elyon. She hated lying to him, but she had given Tony her word that she wouldn't tell anyone, and faeries were good at keeping their word - they never went back on it unless they had a good reason. So, to make it seem like she hadn't just been visiting Tony, she changed into the gothic clothes she more commonly wore on Elyon before walking into the apartment. 

No one was there, which worried her until she saw the note that said Steve had gone to visit Nat in the Avengers compound. Sighing to herself, she walked back out onto the balcony and took the Clessibis Current back to Los Angeles. Once she reached the city, she turned and flew off, flying in the direction of San Francisco. She kept flying even though she began to grow tired, and didn't stop until she reached the facility. I have to make it look like I'm not pregnant, she told herself as her wings began to feel heavy. I can't let anyone see. 

When she arrived at the facility, she flew over to the roof of the building. The sensors that Tony had installed for her all those years ago activated when she grew closer, triggering the security system and opening the sunroof for her to land inside. Raevanna was grateful that Natasha had decided to keep them operational - it made things easier than going down to the ground, opening the door, and taking the elevator all the way up.

Raevanna hovered over the open sunroof for a moment before she dropped through it, landing in a crouch on the ground inside. Then, she stood up, looking at the people inside. It was Steve and Natasha, but also Diana, and (much to her shock) Scott Lang. Raevanna, along with everyone else, had assumed that Scott had been one of those taken by the Snap, since no one had seen or heard from him since it happened. So to see him standing before her was a complete surprise. 

"Oh my go-" Scott jumped back, startled by Raevanna's arrival, then put his hand on his chest. "Where the hell did you come from?" 

"The sky," Raevanna said, shrugging her shoulders.

Scott glanced at her, then at Steve, then back at Raevanna. "Wait, you're that winged girl that knocked that android into a lookout tower."

"And you're the shrinking man who got really big and almost crushed me," Raevanna replied, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.

Scott frowned for a moment, then moved on and said, "Okay, where was I?"

"The Quantum Realm," Diana told him. "You were stuck there for five hours." 

Raevanna frowned, turning to Scott for answers. That's where he had been all this time, in the Quantum Realm? But why was he saying he was there for five hours if he'd been missing for five years? 

Scott's face brightened. "Ah, right." He began pacing back and forth. "See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here," he said. "Everything is unpredictable." Glancing at the desk beside them, he randomly asked, "Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving." Without waiting for a reply, he strode over to pick up the sandwich that sat on the desk, then bit into it.

"Scott, what are you talking about?" Steve asked, trying to get the man to focus.

"What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm," Scott told him with a mouth full of food. "The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if, we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos."

Raevanna cocked her head, raising an eyebrow at him as she crossed her arms. "Wait, are you talking about a time machine?" she asked.

"No," Scott answered quickly. "No, of course not. No, not a time machine. It's more like a..." When Raevanna raised an eyebrow at him again, he paused, then nodded. "Yeah, a time machine. I know it's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way... There's gotta be... some w..." He stopped. "It's crazy."