90 - Avengers Assemble, Pt. II

RAEVANNA GRITTED HER TEETH, TAKING TO THE SKIES AS DIANA LET OUT A FIERCE BATTLE CRY, AS DID THOR AND T'CHALLA. And with that, the heroes charged, heading straight for Thanos. Thanos raised his sword towards them, commanding his army to charge as well.

Then, both sides collided.

Raevanna sped through the air, torpedoing through several Outriders as her arms crossed in front of her face. Landing on the ground, she skidded across the ground, kicking up dust and rocks, before she thrust her arms down to her sides as she was surrounded by more Outriders. Purple flames burst into life around her fists and forearms, and she narrowed her eyes before she jumped into the air, then grabbed the heads of two Outriders in her hands, slammed their heads together, leaping over them as she expelled the fire from her hands and vaporized the Outriders. She landed in a crouch on the ground, then jumped to her feet and thrust her hands outwards, shooting even more fire out of her hands and vaporizing the others that surrounded her. 

As Raevanna fought, she was everywhere. She was on the ground, she was in the skies. She was using magic, she was using weapons, she was using her hands and feet. She was relentless, fighting without mercy to anyone who dared to come closer, and before long her eyes went from red to pure black. But this time, she was aware of it. And she let it happen, because she knew what would happen if she didn't. 

Suddenly, as the battle raged on, Raevanna heard Clint's voice over comms.

"Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?" he asked, and it took Raevanna a moment to realize that he must have found the gauntlet.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" Steve told him.

"No!" Bruce said. "We need to get them back where they came from."

"No way to get them back," Tony reminded them. "Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel."

That was when Scott spoke. "Hold on!" he said, then added after a pause, "That wasn't our only time machine."

Then, Raevanna suddenly heard a van's horn from afar, playing the song La Cucaracha. Upon hearing it, Steve went to higher ground, and Raevanna took to the skies to locate the vehicle. Moments later, she found it - but it was at the edge of the battlefield, behind hordes of Outriders and the other members of Thanos' army. 

"Anyone see an ugly, brown van up there?" Steve asked.

"Yes!" Raevanna replied. "But you're not gonna like where it's parked!"

"Scott, how long you need to get that thing working?" Tony asked.

"Maybe ten minutes," Scott replied.

"Get it started," Steve said. "We'll get the stones to you."

"We're on it, Cap," came the voice of Hope Van Dyne, aka the Wasp.

Raevanna dropped down from the sky, landing beside Alaneo as he battled several Sakaarans. Smiling at him, she conjured up a sword and began fighting as well, battling beside him with equal ferocity. As she fought, she was reminded of when they were children, and how Raevanna helped train him after she became champion. They worked well together then, and even now, they fought side by side as if no time had passed, and as if they hadn't grown apart over the years. 

Finally, there was a break in the fighting, and Raevanna turned to Alaneo, smiling at him as he smiled back at her. But then, his face fell, and without warning he jumped forward, rushing up to Raevanna and shoving her to the side. Raevanna fell to the ground, then looked up just in time to see none other than Cull Obsidian take his sword and plunge it right into Alaneo's stomach.