39 - Language!

4 MONTHS LATER (HBT)

RAEVANNA SWIFTLY DUCKED UNDER THE ARM OF A HYDRA SOLDIER, POPPING BACK UP BEFORE ELBOWING HIM IN THE BACK. Blue explosions made from strange otherworldly energy went off around her, churning the ground and sending snow flying, but she paid it no attention as she sidestepped away from a soldier's swing and grabbed the back of his neck before slamming him into the ground.

After her and Steve's return from Elyon, things had slowly begun to return to normal - or as normal as things could get for them. In between missions with the Avengers - most of which involving the remnants of HYDRA - the two had spent their time looking for Bucky. But no matter how hard they looked, the man had vanished. All their leads led to dead ends, and it was disheartening.

After some convincing from Steve, Raevanna had resumed seeing Dr. Hansen, and even though Raevanna still couldn't stand the blonde woman, she had to admit that it was helping. She was able to open up a little more about her parents' death, but not enough to the point where one could consider it progress. It wasn't that she didn't want to; it was just that she didn't trust the doctor enough to say more.

So now, as Raevanna used her magic to fling several HYDRA soldiers away from her, the last session she had with the doctor was pushed to the back of her mind. She had other things to think about - like this mission, for starters. The Avengers were here at this HYDRA base in Sokovia to locate Loki's scepter, and judging by the response from the soldiers, they most likely had it.

As Raevanna fought the soldiers, she looked up to see Tony flying through the air in his Iron Man suit. Then, out of nowhere, he bounced off of the base's force field, hurtling through the air before righting himself.

"Shit!" Tony hissed.

"Language!" Steve scolded as he rode through the snowy terrain on his bike, then said, "JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield," JARVIS replied. "Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here," Thor said. "Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last."

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys," Natasha said.

"Yeah," Clint agreed. "I think we lost the element of surprise."

"No shit, Sherlock," Raevanna said. "Cause these guys are totally trying to blow us up just for the fun of it."

"Raven," Steve said sternly. Then he snapped to Tony, "You see what you did?"

"Oh, calm down, Spangles," Tony retorted. "We all know that Raven's been using language like that since 2012."

"He's right, Cap," Natasha said.

"Yeah, it's not anything new," Clint added.

"Wait a second," Tony cut in sharply. "No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language?'"

Steve sighed. "I know." He threw his bike at some soldiers driving up in their truck, then muttered, "It just slipped out."